Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

last night ????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
My sis and bil came over, they have a 5, 7, 9, 11 yr old. Well those kids r horrible kids, they hit my MR daughter (she had a bloody nose), the broke my sons toys, when I tried to put a movie on and get the kids a snack, to try to calm everyone down, the complaind about the movie was babyish. I asked my sister to disapline her kids and she looked at me, well they all fell asleep in the living room. And my sis and bil slept in the guest room. This morning I was makeing French toast, bacon, eggs and apple juice. Well my sis came in the kitchen and said " my kids won't eat that. And fixed them cereal, I was floored. I cooked all that food and she doesn't disapline them at all. Sorry if my grammer, spelling is not adequate. .I'm furious.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mary716
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:36 AM
Nightmare. Sorry mama stay strong, they have to leave sometime!
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
They sound obnoxious and wouldn't be welcome back until they could be civil.
Missdameanor
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Can I ask what MR daughter means?
latsyrk
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:41 AM
I probably would have told her they can eat it nor starve. Groceries aren't cheap. My family knows better than to try and grab snacks or something while I'm cooking. It makes me so mad!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:45 AM
Mental retarded...political correct term..mentally handicapped.

Quoting Missdameanor: Can I ask what MR daughter means?
HAHuskey
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:47 AM
I'd tell her that at my house, you eat what you're made or you go hungry. We don't make special food because someone hasn't taught their kid to eat. I make exceptions here on things that have garlic because my grandpa is allergic. For example, I won't put it in the main dish if he's here and if it's things like biscuits or toast, I leave a few without it. My aunt and uncle did that kind of stuff. They'd make steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, and a vegetable. As soon as my cousin walked in and scrunched his nose, they'd put a bowl of ramen in the microwave and that's what he'd eat. If I tried that, my mom made me sit at the table until I either ate it all or it was bed time.
BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:48 AM

I would have been upset about the hitting and toy breaking.

Not everyone would have been happy with the movie selection, no matter what was chosen...I'm sure. Lol. And I just don't do the food battles. If you rather have cold cereal for breakfast, instead of a nice hot meal...so be it. That's your loss.

I am sorry you were not able to enjoy the time spent with your family. Was your sister just visiting?

chicagoliz
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:49 AM

I guess you won't be having them over again.  Why were they at your house all night?  I guess if a situation comes up where they absolutely must stay at your house overnight again, you don't have to serve them any breakfast at all.  (And I'd make sure there was no cereal available, either.  If they don't like what you have available, they are free to go out to breakfast.)

Otherwise, for your daugther's sake, you are perfectly justified in saying that it is too much to have everyone over.  

amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
They wouldn't be invited over again until sister's kids are well into adulthood and civilized. Your sister doesn't seem to be up to the challenge. Why in the world would a mother give her kids cold cereal for breakfast instead of a nice hot meal kindly prepared by their aunt? I know that's the least of the issues, but it makes me feel frustrated for you. Send them home and take a mental health day. You deserve it. Bil and sister need mental health services, lol!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:51 AM

I would tell her to get herself and her wild animals out of my house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)