Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you want your kids to wake up a bit later...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Now this won't work for every kid, but it worked for both my son and my sister. They were both waking up at. 5:30 am .

Anyway put a blanket over the window , or black out curtains up. Kids are very sensitive to sunlight from around. 1-4 especially , but it can last from 1-12. They often wake up with the sun.

I know it won't work for everyone , but my son started sleeping in until. 7 when we did it. It took a few days to get to 7, before then it was increasing each morning by half an hour.

Just a little suggestion to try for those who have a hard time waking a bit early. :)
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:56 AM

I was blessed with children that love to sleep just like their dad. They would sleep 12 hours from whenever I put them to bed. I used to hang beach towels over their windows saome days to get them to go to bed early.

Lennyloves
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Its summer and my kids are night owls. They go to bed after 12am and sleep till 1100. It doesnt bother me so much. When school rolls around they go to bed at 9pm and wake up at 730. But weekends they stay up late and wake up late.
4Dragons
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Doesn't work for mine :/ Kid still woke up before 6am this morning. Bleh!

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Guess I will be happy my kids like to sleep.  Baby didn't get up until 8am this morning and 3rd son slept till 9. 

PeppermintyTea
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:04 AM
My kids all have curtains up, and they don't wake up too early. I set my alarm for earlier so I can enjoy alone time - I'm in the bath right now, and they're still sleeping (it's 8am).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Doesn't work here. Even in winter when it stays dark until 7am or so....they are up at 6am. I let them watch cartoons until I am ready to get up. Lol
my.sonshine
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:11 AM
it worked on them as infants (still works for my youngest) my 2 year old could sleep all day if i let him no matter what.. my 5 year old is up early no matter what.. lol
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:00 PM
I have blackout curtains that I used since they were born and they still generally wake by 6:30am.
faire_jour
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:02 PM

We have been using blackout curtains since our girl was about 1. They are great. She now chooses to wear a sleep mask because she likes it so dark.

MicheleJM
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:03 PM

I'd rather my kids woke up early.  Ds13 is going to have a hell of time when hs starts.  he will have to get up at the crack of dawn and I for one don't want to see that.  He's grumpy as hell in the mornings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)