Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I AM SO F**KING DONE!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
OMFG I am so aggrivated!!!!!! I just want to beat this fucking kid in the face with a very heavy tool!!!!!

So this kid (19year old) has been a family friend for the last 10 years. Well he wanted to sell his moped. DH agreed to buy it for $250 because the kid broke it and DH would have to put a shit ton of time into it to get it to work. Well $140 of the payment on the moped was a straight talk phone we had. Brand new with a case, screen cover, 2 year warranty.

Well he was supposed to come over to sign the title over to us. He always had an excuse. Then he calls and says that his mom screwed hi. Over and the title isn't in his name like he thought but in his dads, and they want the moped back. Fine whatever I'm not dealing with this bullshit.

So we told them they could come pick up the moped and they agreed to pay the mechanics bill which is $300, and we told the kid that we either wanted the $140 for our phone or the phone back. He swore that he was going to have the money to us for the last week.

The kid and his parents show up at FIL's house (where we were working on the moped because he is a mechanic and has his own shop), to get the mopes and drop off the money for our phone.

Well they wrote a check, no big deal, except it was for $100 and it said MOPED PAUD IN FULL.

I'm fucking pissed!!!! We can't do shit with that check because the $100 was supposed to be for the phone (he was going to pay the other $40 in two weeks). The moped was never ours which means according to that check the mechanics bill and parts are all paid in full if we cash it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
12345abcde54321
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Did you get any of this agreement in writing?

Don't cash that check..

The.Last.Rebel
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly, you should've never done anything without title in hand. It's ultimately your fault.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:09 PM
Yea but none of it is motorized or anything. Which I told my DH was stupid not to do but he wanted to trust the kid

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

Don't cash that check..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Small claims court is your only option really.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:09 PM
If y'all never signed an agreement, you're probably screwed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:12 PM
It doesn't have to be notarized. Even a verbal agreement would be sufficient. Your mistake here was having the work done before you had the title. Take them to small claims court.

Quoting Anonymous: Yea but none of it is motorized or anything. Which I told my DH was stupid not to do but he wanted to trust the kid

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

Don't cash that check..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:19 PM
I was told verbal agreements don't work

Quoting Anonymous: It doesn't have to be notarized. Even a verbal agreement would be sufficient. Your mistake here was having the work done before you had the title. Take them to small claims court.

Quoting Anonymous: Yea but none of it is motorized or anything. Which I told my DH was stupid not to do but he wanted to trust the kid

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

Don't cash that check..

two4one
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:22 PM

You never should have handed the moped back without the full payment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't cash the check. Go over to his house and tell him to please either a.) give you a check for $140 dollars or b.) give you the phone back in brand new condition. If he does not go to the police station and file the cell phone as stolen and not paid for. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)