Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My sons are involved with drugs...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

I have 6 sons, ages 19, 21, 23, 24, 27 and 28. They've all been very rebellious to raise, and have all been involved with the police before. The eldsest of them is currently in prison and is serving the last half year of his 2 year sentence. I know that 4 of them are avid drug users and I fear that the yougest are being influenced by them. I'm constantly scared that they are going to overdose, get in an accident, or go to prison for a long time. I have no idea what to do, it seems I've tried everything..

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:49 PM
Whoa. One thats alot of kids so close in age !! Two I am not going to say bad parenting because adults make their own choices but to have all your boys go wrong wth? Lastly they are adults and unless you are going to convince them to go to rehab you cant change it now. Just pray they get smart and get it together. Be there if they need you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:54 PM

I do get the reaction that it's bad parenting a lot of the time, but there were a lot of unfortunate circumstances that has happened, which looking back now is possibly why they're all so caught up in the drug world. It's just hard to see all your kids going down that path...

Quoting Anonymous: Whoa. One thats alot of kids so close in age !! Two I am not going to say bad parenting because adults make their own choices but to have all your boys go wrong wth? Lastly they are adults and unless you are going to convince them to go to rehab you cant change it now. Just pray they get smart and get it together. Be there if they need you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:13 PM
I had a pretty crappy childhood. My parents sucked. But my grandparents were a good role model and kept me straight. However my cousin had amazing parents and turned out a mess. Her parents spoiled her alot. So sometimes its not bad parenting but spoiling them too much. Enabling their bad choices

Quoting Anonymous:

I do get the reaction that it's bad parenting a lot of the time, but there were a lot of unfortunate circumstances that has happened, which looking back now is possibly why they're all so caught up in the drug world. It's just hard to see all your kids going down that path...

Quoting Anonymous: Whoa. One thats alot of kids so close in age !! Two I am not going to say bad parenting because adults make their own choices but to have all your boys go wrong wth? Lastly they are adults and unless you are going to convince them to go to rehab you cant change it now. Just pray they get smart and get it together. Be there if they need you.

Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:16 PM

They are adults and there is really nothing that you can do now.  Maybe you can talk to the youngest and help him get into college or something.

Yetegemene
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:19 PM

Just wow... I would try to get as many of them into rehab. Your youngest will be in my prayers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)