• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Keep your kid out!

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:50 PM
  • 30 Replies
2 moms liked this

Please don't bring your child to the playground or play area if they are violent. I don't care why your kid pushes and hit.

i had to leave the park today cause some kid kept attacking my son. And no, bringing him over to say he is sorry does not cut it.

i am sorry you son had Add or ADHD or whatever his fucking problem is, but you can't let him run around a playground if he behaves like that.

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy020608
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:54 PM
3 moms liked this
I agree, or don't act horrified when my child womps them back and makes them cry. I don't teach my children to be violent, but I've made it clear they are expected to defend themselves if attacked (by someone who could actually hurt them).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe they should lock violent Johnny in the closet for the next 30 years, that'll teach him. *eye roll* The only way for a child to learn is through exposure, if they stop taking him to the park regularly he will never learn appropriate behavior. My son has some issues though he is not violent he is a loud tantrum thrower sometimes. The first 6 months of taking him to church he was disruptive, irritable and especially during singing (sensory issues) he would behave badly. I stop going to church for two years because of judgmental jerks at church but guess what, God made him this way and he needs to learn to behave ! I started taking him regularly and after 6 months to a year he finally adjusted and now he acts like an angel at church! Everyone is amazed at the turn around. Long story short, if he is truly hurting your child that's one thing but if you are just annoyed by his aggressiveness try to see the moms point of view, she's try to teach him how to behave appropriately.
suzanneyea
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:16 PM

He shoved my two year old down the slide. He was not sitting , he was standing at the top of the slide, not even sitting. He was grabbing him, he was pushing. 

He should NOT have been there. I don't give a fuck how he learns how to act normally, but keep him the hell out of public play areas until he learns to keep his hands to himself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:18 PM
That's not adhd to blame. My son has adhd and plays perfectly fine with other children.
suzanneyea
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:23 PM

I have no clue what was wrong with this child. But, the mom must know he is too aggressive and letting him run free in a play area is totally uncool. I left after her son pushed my son down the slide. She had him apologize to my son and then sent him back in to play.

meanwhile, I am leaving with a crying two year old who did nothing wrong.

Quoting Anonymous: That's not adhd to blame. My son has adhd and plays perfectly fine with other children.

mommy020608
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:46 PM
8 moms liked this
You don't get to teach your child at the expense of another child's safety. If your child is a bully or, like this post states, violent, you can't expect other children to be their punching bag while they "learn". There was a kid at my daughter's middle school who was violent and would hit other kids, and nobody would do anything because he was special needs. One kid snapped and hit him back, he learned that day that consequences have actions.

Quoting Anonymous: Maybe they should lock violent Johnny in the closet for the next 30 years, that'll teach him. *eye roll* The only way for a child to learn is through exposure, if they stop taking him to the park regularly he will never learn appropriate behavior. My son has some issues though he is not violent he is a loud tantrum thrower sometimes. The first 6 months of taking him to church he was disruptive, irritable and especially during singing (sensory issues) he would behave badly. I stop going to church for two years because of judgmental jerks at church but guess what, God made him this way and he needs to learn to behave ! I started taking him regularly and after 6 months to a year he finally adjusted and now he acts like an angel at church! Everyone is amazed at the turn around. Long story short, if he is truly hurting your child that's one thing but if you are just annoyed by his aggressiveness try to see the moms point of view, she's try to teach him how to behave appropriately.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:48 PM
I absolutely agree.
deboramomof2
by 💋sweetcandy💋 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:49 PM
I agree

I would never bring my kids near other kids if they were violent ...glad their not though

my son's love playing with other kids
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:51 PM
If a parent wants to take their kid in public to teach the kid to behave, the parent needs to be very actively involved with the kid as they interact with others to nip in the bud any inappropriate behavior. The mom should have been there to stop her child the moment her kid put his hands on the other child so as to prevent injury. Instead she was lazy and took the kid to the park so she wouldn't really have to deal with him.
lovemyfriend
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:53 PM

was the mom playing with her kid and teaching them "no we do not hit" etc right while it was happening, or observing from a distance?

Quoting suzanneyea:

I have no clue what was wrong with this child. But, the mom must know he is too aggressive and letting him run free in a play area is totally uncool. I left after her son pushed my son down the slide. She had him apologize to my son and then sent him back in to play.

meanwhile, I am leaving with a crying two year old who did nothing wrong.

Quoting Anonymous: That's not adhd to blame. My son has adhd and plays perfectly fine with other children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)