• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let newborn with grandmother who has Alzheimer's disease ****EDIT****

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
My cousin just left her newborn baby with my great grandma who has sever Alzheimer's!! Thank goodness my grannie called me for help because she didn't know what to do. She told me that there was a baby in her bed, and it wasn hers. She asked if it was mine, and could I please come get her! I'm sitting at my moms house right now trying to get a hold of my cousin. She's forwarding all of her calls, and my aunt is working. My cousin is the one who lives here and is supposed to watch my grandmother. How stupid could you be??? Anything could've happened!!! She stays here rent free, because he's the care taker, and her baby is two months old. Nobody knows where she is.

*** I just called the local DFPS office and they have someone on call who is driving over now to investigate the circumstances. I'm scared they'll take my grannie and the baby. I don't know what to tell him. ****** the investigator and I both tried her cell, and a friends cell number and neither one are answering. I've posted it on Facebook, on her page as well. My aunt is on her way over here now for lunch. She's mad at me for calling CPS. But the investigator is talking to her on the porch right now, and I can hear that he's telling her the same thing he told me. When the mother arrives he can question her and get an idea of why she left the baby, ( he's calling it Neglectful Supervision) and where they should go from here. It's really important to rule out any drug usage he said, so they might go in for a drug test tomorrow, and then see if she can move out of my grannies and somewhere else with the baby.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
The.Last.Rebel
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Wtf?! :(

I'm glad you're grandma knew to at least call someone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:59 PM
2 moms liked this

Cps should be involved. Elder services as well. 

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:01 PM
Wow that's crazy. Sad :( I'm glad she was able to call you at least.

My great grandma is in her 80s and has dementia, I definitely would not leave my child with her.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Cps should be involved. Elder services as well. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:02 PM
Call cps she basically abandon the child
nopenope666
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:03 PM
You need to call cps on that dumbass
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:03 PM
I have my number written really big on a chalkboard right beside the home phone. I'm glad she did call me instead of 911

Quoting Retrokitty: Wow that's crazy. Sad :( I'm glad she was able to call you at least.

My great grandma is in her 80s and has dementia, I definitely would not leave my child with her.

Sigmalade
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Your family needs to change that arrangement tonight! She will do this again and next time it may not end as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:05 PM

What a moron.. sounds like my husbands little sister..except she doesnt have any children and says she can't have kids...Which seriously is not a bad thing.. Shes the troubled adult child of the family I am shocked she hasent landed herself in jail yet.  His mom was recently diagnoised with alzheimers but shes in really early stages and rather young.  I wouldn't leave my kids with her even now just because I don't think she could handle it with her other disability's.  I can't even imagine doing that to her when shes in late stages of Alzheimer's.. How long has she been gone? Maybe she just ran to the store? I don't know why she wouldnt take her baby with her though.. either way it is so not ok to leave her child with someone shes suposed to be providing care for.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:06 PM
Call cps.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)