Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those who go to church?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies
1 mom liked this
Do you dress nicely?

This morning, I attended mass with a good friend and was very surprised by the many parishioners in tee shirts and sandals. The most dressed up person wore khakis and a polo.

Now my church everyone dresses in since dresses, suits. Sometimes a guy will wear a button down and slacks. And the older women wear these big, Kentucky derby type hats.

I personally believe that you should dress as nicely for church as possible. I think it's very trashy to dress in jeans or pajamas at church. You dress for the occasion. If you can dress up for work, you can dress for God!
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:02 PM
Yes we dress up. DS wears a button down and dress pants. I wear either a dress or a nice blouse and slacks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:02 PM

I dress up more when I'm serving as a Eucharistic Minister. 

I dress casually when I'm just attending-but not like a slob.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:03 PM
4 moms liked this

Do you really think Jesus care about clothes?  He's happy people show up!

AllieKat
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:04 PM
2 moms liked this
You're calling people trashy at church lol typical.
MeAndTommyLee
by Angie on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:04 PM

I dress appropriately for mass.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:05 PM
My church is a very casual church and I love it. There's a coffee cafe in the lobby and you can buy muffins, coffee, coke, etc and take it into the sanctuary during service. It would be a little strange if everyone was overdressed. Lol.
Brandyns87
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:05 PM
2 moms liked this

No. I go to a come as you are church. Even the pastor wears jeans. If I had to dress up to go to church I doubt I would go.

mary716
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:06 PM
It's also trashy for a "religious" person to JUDGE others when it clearly state in your fairy tale book not to judge. Good job, sinner.
ttriddick
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:06 PM
2 moms liked this
Our pastor wears Carolina Panthers jerseys sometimes. So as you can imagine, it's not all suits and ties. Some do, some don't, and it's a beautiful thing.

To see so many different people come together to worship and praise, it's really awesome. I would be sad to think someone missed it over thinking about what someone else was wearing.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 29, 2014 at 1:07 PM
DS and DH dress in khakis and a collared shirt. I wear slacks and a pretty top.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)