• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im going through the motions..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
im 25 with 3 boys.. 5, 2 and almost 10 months. i love being a mother and i live for my boys. number 3 was a huge surprise for us and we even considered adoption because our second was still very young. we decided to keep him and i do not regret it. we enjoy our little family. sometimes though, i find myself sitting back and wishing i coukd go back to having my oldest ds all to myself and a little more freedom. i feel ugly, fat and stuck. i feel guilty for feeling this way and know when my youngest is older and moving around with his brothers it won't be as hard on me (hes at the clingy stage). i just feel like i screwed up sometimes. im not unhappy, just sometimes i long for that freedom i used to have. why didnt i wait? why wasnt i more careful? i could be doing this and that, i could still be pretty and wear a bikini.. if dh leaves me or God forbid passes away no one will want me with 3 kids.. how silly is that? i just feel like i missed out on my 20s and thats just a selfish way to think... we have a very blessed life.

am i alone?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Lilith23
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:30 PM
:/ awwh.
I'm sure you are not the only one who feels that way sometimes.
Bump for you.
sarbear8508
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:30 PM
You just sound a little overwhelmed hun. It'll all be ok. I imagine it not being easy with 3 boys under 6. I on the other hand wish I hadn't spaced mine out so much. I also think about the last part of your post too. And honestly I think it's backwards for me. It would be that I wouldnt want them if they didn't want my kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:33 PM
i wouldnt want anyone who couldnt accept all of us either. its just a silly thought.

Quoting sarbear8508: You just sound a little overwhelmed hun. It'll all be ok. I imagine it not being easy with 3 boys under 6. I on the other hand wish I hadn't spaced mine out so much. I also think about the last part of your post too. And honestly I think it's backwards for me. It would be that I wouldnt want them if they didn't want my kids.
suzanneyea
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:33 PM

You did miss out on being young and single. I must admit, I loved being 25 and spending all my money on clothes and going out. Sleeping in , dating, all of it. I cannot fathom being a wife and mother so young and never living independently.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:43 PM
i can only imagine. i do believe at the rate i was going between 17-20 my child was a blessing. i try to think of it that way. he straightened me up.

Quoting suzanneyea:

You did miss out on being young and single. I must admit, I loved being 25 and spending all my money on clothes and going out. Sleeping in , dating, all of it. I cannot fathom being a wife and mother so young and never living independently.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:47 PM
It's not easy being a young mom. I had my first right after I turned 19, my second right after I turned 22. I have been married since I was 18. You are not alone. Sending hugs. It gets better.
suzanneyea
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Exactly! I ended up pregnant at forty and that was not in my plan at all! So, that puts off our retirement for a bit longer. I could get all sad about that, but our little man is here for a reason. So, we just roll with it.

Quoting Anonymous: i can only imagine. i do believe at the rate i was going between 17-20 my child was a blessing. i try to think of it that way. he straightened me up.
Quoting suzanneyea:

heldcaptiveby2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:59 PM
Have a girls night out and leave DH with the kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)