• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bashing overweight children and their parents

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies
Is it ever OK to bash an overweight child? Their parents? Do you wait to know the whole story such as medical issues or do you judge on sight?

What about active children with healthy diets who are geneticly predeposed to being overweight?

If you do judge and bash do you do so in front of your own kids? Go anon if you must, just be honest.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yperez0209
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:09 PM
Nope I don't bash any child.
New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:09 PM
No, it's not my place to judge.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:10 PM
I agree it is never OK to do. I do however see quite a bit of it on here and other social networking sites. I was wondering if it was an online thing or something people do in real life.

Quoting yperez0209: Nope I don't bash any child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

If you post a pic of your child, and ask us if she's fat don't get mad when she say she's a few cheeseburgers shy of a happy meal

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:11 PM

I look at their fat kids with disgust, especially the ugly fat kids that are posted on this site constantly, but I never post a rude comment.

heldcaptiveby2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Fat shaming is not okay at any age!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
An active child with a healthy diet will not be overweight.

And the medical reason excuse is so played out. It's extremely rare.

I don't fault the child, but it is DEFINITELY the parents fault.
yperez0209
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:12 PM
I think when people are sitting behind a computer there ugly comes out because they don't have to own what they are saying.

Quoting Anonymous: I agree it is never OK to do. I do however see quite a bit of it on here and other social networking sites. I was wondering if it was an online thing or something people do in real life.

Quoting yperez0209: Nope I don't bash any child.
CountryMom91212
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:12 PM

No it's not okay. I can understand why people bash because there are kids that are generally overweight. However, it's no ones place nor their business to say something about it. You never know if there's a medical conditiion or what. I don't think kids should be allowed to just sit in the house and eat junk food all day because that's not healthy, but again, not my child, not my business.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:12 PM
People actually post pictures asking if their child is overweight? Wtf.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you post a pic of your child, and ask us if she's fat don't get mad when she say she's a few cheeseburgers shy of a happy meal

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)