Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone know about tick bites?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

My whole 23 years of living in NJ I have NEVER had a tick bite me... I had two in the past month...
The one is healed fine... The other on the other hand HURTS so bad... Like really fucking bad... it's raised into a big bump and is red... But it's where my pantline sits so I guess it's just really irritated. I can't see it because I'm pregnant with triplets and cant see that way lol... So that's DH's description I don't know if I should wait till my doctors appointment or call and schedule one sooner? 

**I asked the vet next door to take a look while I caught her outside... She said it's infected so I will go to the doctors tomorrow...
Now I just hope it can't harm my babies. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PhoenixsMommy10
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:11 PM
Maybe call and talk to the nurse to get her opinion on coming in sooner.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:12 PM
Schedule one sooner. Tick bites differ from one tick to the next. Ds 10 is allergic to them and has to be antibiotics for 10 days when he gets a bite. But because you're pregnant I would go to the doc just to be safe.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:13 PM
When whoever pulled the tick out, did they get the whole thing? Or is the head in your skin still?
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:14 PM
You need to schedule one as soon as you can. Does the red around it resemble a bullseye?
krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:14 PM
It sounds like the head for left inside when it was removed. I know this is gross, but it should just pop like a pimple. Sorry if like letting a splinter fester itself or if you're skin.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:17 PM

No, DH just said the bite is red... It doesn't itch for a rash or anything...

Quoting wkukid: You need to schedule one as soon as you can. Does the red around it resemble a bullseye?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:18 PM

When I pulled it out it looked like there was a full tick...He was happy as could be and I flushed him down the toilet. 

Quoting krazymom2boyz: It sounds like the head for left inside when it was removed. I know this is gross, but it should just pop like a pimple. Sorry if like letting a splinter fester itself or if you're skin.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:18 PM

I believe the head was attached it looked like a full tick when I took it out.

Quoting Anonymous: When whoever pulled the tick out, did they get the whole thing? Or is the head in your skin still?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Did you get the head out? Bulls eye rash anywhere? I would call and let them know, if the head did not come out it can be bad.....Even worse would be the rash. If you start feeling like you have to flu go in, Lyme is no joke, and best treated asap.

krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Well, then I would say that the bite itself got infected. Ticks are really nasty bugs and their bites can get infected easily. I would bring it up with your ob at your next appointment. If you get ANY symptoms at all, fever, headache, suite throat, body aches, pretty much ANYTHING get your hiney to the er. I have had Lyme disease and hubby had rocky mountain spotted fever. Tick borne illnesses are NOTHING to play with!

Quoting Anonymous:

When I pulled it out it looked like there was a full tick...He was happy as could be and I flushed him down the toilet. 

Quoting krazymom2boyz: It sounds like the head for left inside when it was removed. I know this is gross, but it should just pop like a pimple. Sorry if like letting a splinter fester itself or if you're skin.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)