Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whyyyyy? He killed my phone

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:12 PM
  • 18 Replies
DS is obsessed with putting things in cups of water. Seriously obsessed. Like, we've considered little toddler rehab obsessed. I'm sure you can see where this is going.

He broke into our room (the door between our room and his sticks really badly but he somehow got it open, and silently at that), got my phone off the charger, got my I'm-pregnant glass of water off the nightstand and PUT MY PHONE IN IT. Luckily it's still functional except the Internet is crazy slow, the signal is wonky sometimes, and there's some short causing the speakers and the headphone jack to not work :((((

Our phones come up for upgrade in October and I just can't justify paying more to have my dish-washing music back before then :(

It's going to be a long 3 1/2 months.
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Try putting the phone in a jar of uncooked rice overnight. It might help pull out the rest of the water. 

smalltownteddy
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:16 PM
I did that yesterday :( It's an iPhone 4 so from what I can tell, the damage is probably corrosion in the charge port. I tried the rubbing alcohol and toothbrush trick, but the most it did was make the speakers/jack short in and out instead of constant :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Try putting the phone in a jar of uncooked rice overnight. It might help pull out the rest of the water. 

GigantaursMommy
by MrsAwesomePants on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:21 PM

For a minute I read that as DH and not DS and I laughed and laughed...

Sorry about your phone.

smalltownteddy
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Lol I would definitely put my husband in rehab if he had a compulsion to dunk random objects in glasses of water!!

Quoting GigantaursMommy:

For a minute I read that as DH and not DS and I laughed and laughed...

Sorry about your phone.

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Check your phone carriers website. They normally have refurbish phones for cheap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RalphsMommy123
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:26 PM
If you have been a good customer they can maybe give you your upgrade now. Something went wrong with my friends phone and with a few months left on her contract att just gave her her upgrade eaely.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Did you try the rice trick? Ds used to throw things away.....I lost a wallet and everything in it, a hat a few of his toys and socks to this kid. Now its flushing things down the potty.....

smalltownteddy
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:36 PM
I might try that. DH's screen is shattered so it would be really nice to get our upgrades early.

Quoting RalphsMommy123: If you have been a good customer they can maybe give you your upgrade now. Something went wrong with my friends phone and with a few months left on her contract att just gave her her upgrade eaely.
smalltownteddy
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:37 PM
Yeah, the port's corroded :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you try the rice trick? Ds used to throw things away.....I lost a wallet and everything in it, a hat a few of his toys and socks to this kid. Now its flushing things down the potty.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:40 PM
Meh. Iphones suck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)