Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stupid Walmart >.<

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
I wanted to get more prints made up to put into frames from the pictures we had done about a year and a half ago. We have the CD of the session and everything but we were never given the "release" form for them. Walmart works out less than 1/2 the price for the prints than Walgreen's does. I wanted to get five 5x7 prints done from it and also have to prints up I think another 75 pictures in 4x6 and 3 of the 4x4. I really didn't want to drive in opposite directions to pick up pictures >.< but Walmart won't release the 5x7s without the release form from the studio. And I'd be paying a lot more to order all of them from Walgreen's even with 30% off discount code.
Fun crap >.<
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Use snapfish instead
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:52 PM
They require a release too.

Quoting Anonymous: Use snapfish instead
Rubberbiscuit
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:54 PM
That's to protect the photographer. If you want more prints, either buy them from the photographer or ask if they'll sell you the copyright.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:54 PM
Yeah, not stupid walmart. That's the way it works. How do people not realize that?
MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:16 PM
I used to manage a photo lab...prints on a CD are equivilant to you owning the rights to replicate, as long as the cd was produced and purchased from the studio.

Ask walgreens to price match Walmart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:19 PM
We already did that's why we have a CD. But we didn't get paperwork... I've never needed it so didn't know there was any

Quoting Rubberbiscuit: That's to protect the photographer. If you want more prints, either buy them from the photographer or ask if they'll sell you the copyright.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:19 PM
Walmart won't allow it but other places do no problem.

Quoting Anonymous: Yeah, not stupid walmart. That's the way it works. How do people not realize that?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:21 PM
IThe CD is from the studio and we were told wed be able to print up more on our own when/if we wanted to. I've been told they won't price match on stuff like that but won't hurt to ask again...

Quoting MommyAddie: I used to manage a photo lab...prints on a CD are equivilant to you owning the rights to replicate, as long as the cd was produced and purchased from the studio.

Ask walgreens to price match Walmart.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:23 PM
So that is their policy. Stop whining about it and go somewhere else. Easy solution.

Quoting Anonymous: Walmart won't allow it but other places do no problem.

Quoting Anonymous: Yeah, not stupid walmart. That's the way it works. How do people not realize that?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:25 PM
Most of them I don't have time to wait for, I need them to turn over on Wednesday. Plus their shipping prices are ridiculous that's why I've stopped using them

Quoting Anonymous: Use snapfish instead
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)