• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does He Thank You?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
For the women here who 'take care' of their men, does he ALWAYS say thank you? I make him lunch everyday for work, I cook him dinner everyday, I get his coffee ready so he just has to push a button in the am. I wash all his clothes and clean the house. I feel my hard work goes over looked sometimes.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:50 PM
He tells me thank you all the time. I do all of the above and pluck hairs, clean/clip his nails give him daily massages. He doesn't like make up so I stopped wearing it. I don't evet tell him no. And he thanks me for everything
Lilith23
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:53 PM
Yeah, every time.
I do too.
I mean, your parents teach you to say thank you hen somebody does something good for you.... I hope its something people keep on the long run.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:10 PM
Sometimes he does, and sometimes he takes care of me.
mommybear91
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:11 PM
Nope. I don't think he knows what it means.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:19 PM
Yep. He always says something when he's noticed that I've been on a cleaning spree. And he thanks me all the time.
Bird_on_a_wire
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:20 PM
Not really. That's why I've all but given up.
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Not for every tiny thing.  But often enough he'll find a moment to make sure I know it's all appreciated.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Not an official "thank you" for every little thing but the gestures and recognition that I get let me know that it's appreciated. 

sarbear8508
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:22 PM
All the time ;) I value manners so it's nice. We're teaching the babies too.
myshoes
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:28 PM
No. We don't say thank you for stuff that needs to be done or should be done. (When I met his parents I noticed his dad always kissed his mom and said "that was good dear" in the EXACT same monotone, after dinner. NOT FOR ME AND I LET HIM KNOW IT)
But we do give each other compliments. Like I say "the yard looks nice" after he mows, etc.
Or I acknowledge that he did something. Like when he takes out the trash, I may say "oh, that's right, tomorrow is Friday"
I don't know exactly what he says to me or when. I just know I feel loved and appreciated in my home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)