Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have decided to treat DH the same way he treats me *update 2*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 204 Replies
9 moms liked this
Update 2: it's over. My choice. I told him to pack his shit and get out. I lost it, and nothing I said was nice. He shouldered the blame, and said he was sorry. I told him it's too late for sorry and that I'm done.

He's now laying on the bed staring at me and pouting while I play on my phone. He asked, again if I'm mad at him. I just said, "nope" without looking up. He asked if I need to talk. "Nuh-uh". He said, "You seem really pissed off". "Naw". Didn't look at him, just brushed him off. And now he's pouting with his chin on his hands. So, I'm gonna get up and go smoke without acknowledging him, then find something to do.

I am so tired of always being the only one to put any effort into our marriage. It seems I am constantly trying to communicate and connect, only to be ignored or brushed off. I tried to talk to him about my feelings about our marriage, and I was brushed off, again. I'm at my wits end.

So, today is day one of turning the tables, answering him in brief, one word answers and otherwise ignoring him. He's been pestering me all day, asking what's wrong. I just reply with "nothing." And go about my business. He's asked if I'm mad. "Nope". He asked if I'm upset. "Nope".

I can tell he's worried because he keeps looking at me funny and I can see his wheels turning, wondering what's going on. He keeps letting out big sighs. I wonder when he'll catch on to what I'm doing?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyfesha
by monster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:01 PM
Lol. Hope he gets it
Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:03 PM
5 moms liked this

So you expect to solve things by playing games? 

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:04 PM
18 moms liked this

Two wrongs rarely, if ever, make a right.

It's not a game. It's your MARRIAGE.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:05 PM
8 moms liked this
Well, trying to work through it the good old fashioned grown up way hasn't made a difference. I guess showing him how it feels might. Who knows?

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

So you expect to solve things by playing games? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:05 PM
Great relationship you guys have
suzanneyea
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand you frustration. 

nopenope666
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:07 PM
4 moms liked this
I'm so jealous of your super mature, chock full of communication relationship right now.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:07 PM
I guess turnabout is fair play... I don't think this will end well for you though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:07 PM
4 moms liked this

Well, MY marriage is pretty much just room mates now.   And I actually don't even care.   I'm fine with it.   I don't even THINK about other men,   I know it would just be the SAME thing with any man, eventually.  they ALL but ALL only like 1. sex  2. Food 3. Sports.   And love women because they provide them, at their service. 

My husband is a good provider, that's for sure.    He is a good father, he put in his time with the kids.   BUT he spent his free time with his "business buddies".   Drinking.   Oh he'd stop all the time at the bar after work.. I'd be waiting...   made the plate of dinner.. would be sure he ate, etc and given sex before bed, trying my hardest.

Anyway, long story short-   I just realized i was wasting my time,   my energy and I began to feel like a dog, wanting his attention.

So I stopped.   Just got on with my life, my own interests.   Took him  a long long time to NOTICE.

Now that he DOES notice I am NOT intested in HIM.. he's befuddled.   But it's sort of too late.   Now, I have no interest in being all.............gooey coochie coo with him anymore.  

I just want to be left alone.  

So- hope he comes around before ya'll reach this point.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:08 PM
Nothing else has made a difference, either. Oh, well.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Two wrongs rarely, if ever, make a right.

It's not a game. It's your MARRIAGE.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)