Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bad behavior and visiting Daddy...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
Dds dad lives several hours away and she sees him about 1 or 2 weeks a month. But she is getting ready to start school, so he wanted to know if he could get her for 3 weeks in a row since he won't be seeing her as much come August. I agreed.

So dd was home with me for 4 weeks straight. On a good day dd is dificult. She throws temper tantrums that last HOURS. Nothing I have done has worked for her. I've been working on getting her in a therpaist.

But... After about 3 weeks of being with just me she was a totally different child. That last week the tantrums almost totally stopped. She had one or two but then they only lasted about 10 min. She was so happy and so GOOD. We had so much fun. For the first time in a long time, I was actually able to enjoy my child and not have to worry about the next tantrum. It was just amazing. Even other people noticed it, my bf, her daycare, my parents.

She is at her dad's now.. I know it will be bad when she comes home. But I'm not sure what to do?? Or how to make it easier on her. I do not want things to go back the way they were with her behavior.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:07 PM
We got divorced before she was even 2. So unfortunately this is all she has ever known :(. But he used to live close by and she saw her dad almost daily. It's been so much worse since he moved away
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:31 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:37 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)