Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my DH is an idiot!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Not really but damn can he be stubborn and dense.

He used to be really bad into drugs when he was a teenager and early twenty's (he's been sober since right before he turned 21). He got scared straight and doesn't even drink because he never wanted to be out of control again.

Well he has an older brother and an older sister both has two kids pretty close to our kids ages. Well ever since we have got together I have been trying to get him to do stuff with them.

He refuses because he thinks they don't want anything to do with him. Well his sister has been inviting us to stuff and so has his SIL. I've been taking the kids but he won't go because he thinks they don't really want him there.

Every time I go they ask where he is and why he didn't come. And it bothers everyone that they aren't close like they used to be.

So his SIL invites us to their camp site this coming Friday foe swimming and a BBQ then fireworks and dinner. My idiot DH is mopeing around because I told him that he is coming with us and that I'll drag him there by his short hairs if I have too.

Our nieces and nephew love him to death. He is amazing with all kids. But again he doesn't think his brother wants him there or around his kids.

How the hell do I get him to see they are all trying to make an effort to include him and make him feel like part of the family again? I'm afraid if he doesn't get his head out of his ass they are going to stop trying all together. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:57 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:58 PM
Bump
redneck.crazy
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:59 PM
He's just being g a "woe is me." Tell him to grow up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
b1the1change
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:01 PM
Idk I don't have experience. Bump
PeggyS87
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:01 PM
I would do what your doing. Make him go and get him involved and he will see it is all in his head.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:02 PM
I've tried. He is almost 30 all this shit with the drugs was almost ten years ago. Yes they were disappointed in his choices but they see that he isn't doing them any more and actually want him in their lives. I just think it sucks that the kids and I have a better relationship with them than he does.

Quoting redneck.crazy: He's just being g a "woe is me." Tell him to grow up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:03 PM
Thanks :) at least I know I'm doing the right thing by forcing him to go

Quoting PeggyS87: I would do what your doing. Make him go and get him involved and he will see it is all in his head.
redneck.crazy
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:04 PM
Tell him to get therapy. Don't force him to go. Eventually he will grow up and see that no one is going to beg or pity him.

Quoting Anonymous: I've tried. He is almost 30 all this shit with the drugs was almost ten years ago. Yes they were disappointed in his choices but they see that he isn't doing them any more and actually want him in their lives. I just think it sucks that the kids and I have a better relationship with them than he does.

Quoting redneck.crazy: He's just being g a "woe is me." Tell him to grow up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)