Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being eaten alive!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
The kids are I were outside for 10 minutes snd I am COVERED in bites!

Ds is as well and has a few black fly bites (hes allergic. )

My mother is DEMANDING they go outside on the swing set they got for them....

Ya no. I dont want to be carried away by massive mosquitoes and black flies because you refuse to mow!

Ive scratched so hard Im bleeding.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cupomeow
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Take baths with Epsom salts or baking soda. It should help some.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:35 PM
They dont have a tub only a standing shower. Dh should be here soon, i say confidently......

Quoting cupomeow: Take baths with Epsom salts or baking soda. It should help some.
kilahchaos
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:36 PM
Apple cider vinegar helps.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:38 PM
Off Deep Woods. We rarely ever get bitten when wearing that stuff.
cupomeow
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:39 PM
That stinks. I hate mosquitoes. Whenever we skim our little pool and I see a dead one floating on the water it is like a small victory.
Walmart sells little coil wristbands that work pretty well for deterring mosquitoes.
kikibix
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:48 PM

Yikes, that bad?! I couldn't take that.  This year does seem very bad for mosquitos but the only time they bother me is at dusk.  The other night I was sitting out back reading and lit one of those Off Mosquito Coils and as I sat I saw that I had a huge swarm of mosquitos all around me but none would enter more than I'd say 5 feet close to where that coil was.  It was eerie being surrounded, seeing them just waiting to get me.

I'd love to hear suggestions for what else helps.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:40 PM
We went back in. They have 2 barrel ponds and a okd pool collecting water so that doesnt help.

Were home now and we live by a stream but no bugs!

Quoting kikibix:

Yikes, that bad?! I couldn't take that.  This year does seem very bad for mosquitos but the only time they bother me is at dusk.  The other night I was sitting out back reading and lit one of those Off Mosquito Coils and as I sat I saw that I had a huge swarm of mosquitos all around me but none would enter more than I'd say 5 feet close to where that coil was.  It was eerie being surrounded, seeing them just waiting to get me.

I'd love to hear suggestions for what else helps.

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:46 PM

We are being eating a lot too. We are covering ourselves in bug spray constantly so we can enjoy being out. The black fly's are too bad in town. Now at the lakes they are awful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:48 PM
Bug spray?
ninjakids
by Christina on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Mobile Photo

Im this far from my car (standing by door) at my grandparents, in the time to unbuckle kids and walk to door I was eaten alive.

They live in the country and no matter what weve tried nothing works :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)