Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE! C-SECTION QUESTION... What the hell is this?!

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:29 PM
  • 23 Replies
I had my twins by c-section 13 days ago. This was my first c-section so I'm new to all this.

My incision has been healing very nicely. No drainage, no pain, etc. Well last night we went to see the babies in the NICU and when we got up to leave I noticed a little stabbing/pinching pain near the bottom of my incision (vertical cut) so I felt it and looked at it and there is a firm lump under my incision scar. It wasn't there before last night and I know this for sure because I'm very observant when cleaning it and everything. So I would've noticed if it was there before. It doesn't hurt when I touch it.

Of course I always think the worst so now I'm worried I have an abscess or something.

Any idea what it could be? Anyone else ever have something like this???

UPDATE!

I had it looked at today and the doctor said it is either a little bit of fluid or scar tissue building up. He doesn't think it's infected. What a relief! And I got the green light for sex so that's a plus. LOL
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:30 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Could be just scar tissue hardening. I have had two csection so far. My last one was in 2007. Within the past year I've developed a hard lump at the edge of my scar line. An US confirmed it was just scar tissue.
Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:35 PM
But would it form in just one day???

Quoting Anonymous: Could be just scar tissue hardening. I have had two csection so far. My last one was in 2007. Within the past year I've developed a hard lump at the edge of my scar line. An US confirmed it was just scar tissue.
Heisenberg
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:35 PM

staple?

Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:36 PM
No. All my staples are out.

Quoting Heisenberg:

staple?

Heisenberg
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, it could just be scar tissue or a calcium deposit. My staples were dissolving, but my skin pushed a few of them out first. It freaked me out.

Quoting Mom2five87: No. All my staples are out.
Quoting Heisenberg:

staple?

Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I had that on the left side of my scar and my doctor always told me it was normal. To this day I still get pain there but no lump anymore.

Loveavision
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Could be scar tissue, or it could mean an infection. I'd call the OB who did you csection.
Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:10 PM
I'm gonna call in the morning and see if they can get me in.

Quoting Loveavision: Could be scar tissue, or it could mean an infection. I'd call the OB who did you csection.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)