Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do with the kids all summer?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:31 PM
  • 24 Replies

I'm just working 1 day/week for the summer but other than that am home. I'm not so worried about my teens; they keep themselves busy but the days are starting to drag with my 6 year old. We don't have loads of money to spend on expensive outings/activities right now...

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:48 PM
Blah. I have no idea. Today, I broke down and got ds' 3 cousins... drove 45 minutes there, 50 minutes to the park around my house, then another 45 to drop them off, then 45 to come back home. Never again. They are kinda getting along but also fighting- playing with Legos nicely yet arguing over who says what.

UxorQuodMatris.
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:50 PM
We do a lot of beach, library (especially good for rainy day movies), and hikes.
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Park, pool, spray park, zoo. Check to see if any of your movie theaters have either free or cheap older movies in the am.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Dh and I work FT, so DS goes to the summer camp at a local college
suzanneyea
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Splash park is always fun. Picnics. Play dates. Manicures at home.

Texor
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:54 PM

We'd usually get a pool pass for the summer.  In Houston it really sucks, because it's unbearable to be outside for very long, so anything we did had to be with water or inside. 

momwriter
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:54 PM

Yea, we need to get to the beach soon! And get back to reading...we just had our first full week of summer and have been lazy.

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.: We do a lot of beach, library (especially good for rainy day movies), and hikes.

ZombieMeat37
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:57 PM

She's attending Robot Camp this Summer. We typically travel for the Summer, but decided to stay home since she just recently took a month long trip with my parents. Robot Camp lasts all Summer and she goes for 5 hours per day.

She's also a member of our libraries reading club and they meet twice per week.

She also has her normal piano lessons and we spend a lot of time swimming in our pond.

momwriter
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:58 PM

That sounds interesting. Do they build robots? 

Quoting ZombieMeat37:

She's attending Robot Camp this Summer. We typically travel for the Summer, but decided to stay home since she just recently took a month long trip with my parents. Robot Camp lasts all Summer and she goes for 5 hours per day.

Lilith23
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:00 PM
They spend three weeks in Africa, and two weeks in Quebec.
Then we shall go to the beach, have picnics, go to the magical place; the park lol
there is a lot of free things here for the summer so we'll do a lot of activities.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)