• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter was at her skating lesson to day and I looked over to see this...

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:42 PM
  • 15 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

The kid has super skinny arms and when she does jumps her little noodle arms flop around so her coach made her do her entire lesson with cones on her arms to add a little weight and hopefully build some strength. She said her arms hurt after so maybe it's working.
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JustCJ
by ~yeerp~ on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:46 PM

OMG I love rollor skating!

IAMmomtotrips
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:49 PM
My daughter has wrist weights that slide up her arms that she uses in ice skating...it's pretty common at our rink for the kids with floppy arms.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:50 PM
I was thinking of getting some wrist weights for her. Her coach just improvised, she said her goal is to work up to a pair of rental skates.

Quoting IAMmomtotrips: My daughter has wrist weights that slide up her arms that she uses in ice skating...it's pretty common at our rink for the kids with floppy arms.
redneck.crazy
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol. I thought those were pool floaties at first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IAMmomtotrips
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:52 PM
It's a cute idea...they also use a piece of PVC pipe to make the hold their arms in the correct position during their program work.

Quoting LCWAmommy: I was thinking of getting some wrist weights for her. Her coach just improvised, she said her goal is to work up to a pair of rental skates.

Quoting IAMmomtotrips: My daughter has wrist weights that slide up her arms that she uses in ice skating...it's pretty common at our rink for the kids with floppy arms.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol!!!

Quoting redneck.crazy: Lol. I thought those were pool floaties at first.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:21 AM
They do the PVC or broom stick for figures which she is ok with she gets a little droopy after a while but does ok for competitions. Mainly her jumps and spins look like little noodles flopping around after her body. She needs to learn to control her arms so her jumps look clean. They also do a conditioning class every Saturday after classes. The coach makes them run laps carrying their skates over their head, do sit ups and death jumps and other endurance and strength building exercises. They have fun with it.

Quoting IAMmomtotrips: It's a cute idea...they also use a piece of PVC pipe to make the hold their arms in the correct position during their program work.

Quoting LCWAmommy: I was thinking of getting some wrist weights for her. Her coach just improvised, she said her goal is to work up to a pair of rental skates.

Nyk1187
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:23 AM
I was wondering why she had water wings on... Glad you clarified!
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:25 AM
Nope just orange cones! They started on her wrists...

Quoting Nyk1187: I was wondering why she had water wings on... Glad you clarified!
Nyk1187
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:26 AM
Not a bad idea!

Quoting LCWAmommy: Nope just orange cones! They started on her wrists...

Quoting Nyk1187: I was wondering why she had water wings on... Glad you clarified!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)