Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

are all step moms the same?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

i have a step mother who came into my life when i was 10.  my father had only been dating her for about 2 months or so and asked me if i wouldnt mind them getting married. i told my father that it seems insain that he wants to marry her this soon and i really didnt aprove of it. he did it anyways.. she had two children already before she married my dad and was very overwhelmed by them coming into my life all at once. we had to move out of the home that my father and i had known our whole life because she didnt like it. so we moved into a home of her choosing. i was visiting my mom and came back and noticed that ALL of my baby stuff and toys were gone! the only thing i had for myself was a bed and my clothes. she would call my mother out of random times and tell my mother things i never did. of course i know i wasnt a saint but i was mostly doing things on my own. she yelled at me because i wasnt playing with her children and including them in the activies i was doing. again, i went 10 years of my life as an only child and played with things on my own. i didnt mind sharing things but it got bad to the point her kids were always ruining the few things that i had so i became quite greedy with my things. 

years down the road she was telling my grandparents, aunt and her hubby that i was sleeping with alot of guys and at the time i was a virgin. i was struggling so hard  with school i was failing most of my classes. so she decided to tell my family i was going to drop out of highschool and i never wanted to go to college either. that i had no ambitions in life. of course my family believed her for a while. untill i graduated high school in 2012 and now im in cometology school to get my license.

Are all step moms this evil?  

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myshoes
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:02 PM
Nope!!! Mine was IS GREAT!!!

I can see how she is so good for my dad. She is 14 years younger than my dad and was 19 when they married. (We were 9,6, and 3)
Was she perfect? No. Did she do her best for us and want the best for us YES!!!
I always wanted her to be my "real" mom. But she said no. You have a real mom and no matter what she does that you don't agree with SHE is your one and only mom. I am your dad's wife. You don't need a step mom. You have a mom. I am your dad's wife and will do the best I can to keep you safe and help you in any way I can.
That is definitely the relationship we have. She is my dad's wife.
mehaffiesub
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:04 PM
My stepmom was wonderful I am sorry your stepnim was a B
Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Yes. They all are. Completely evil. Every last one. This is a stupid question....
Joie35
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Nope. I love my sks. I love spending time with them and I want to have a close, loving relationship with them. Im so happy and excites that my own kids will be moving here in less than a week but I dont want my sks to feel pushed to the side when they get here either.
petie1104
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:06 PM
According to my stepson, I'm awesome!
redbutterfly666
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:07 PM
Not all are, but I had a crappy one also
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:08 PM
No, not all of us are evil. It depends on the person.

I came into my SDs life when she was older, I am not and do not try to be her mother. I am her dads wife. I treat her and my bio DD equally. Any issues are dealt with by DH, I do not discipline her as I don't feel it is my place.

I do not communicate with her mother at all because of issues she has caused that include being cruel to my 7 year old because she was mad at DH and I. I do my best to avoid her so there are no issues or anger. It stinks sometimes because I would like to go to SDs concerts etc but I stay home because I do not want SD to get upset or feel like she is being put in the middle.
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:10 PM
Yes. They all are. All of them. Your step mom called every single one of them to let them know to be evil
kymom23
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:11 PM

No, not all step moms are the same. What a silly question. I love my step daughters. They are grown as Dh is nearly 21 years older than me, but I love them all the same. I love my step grandkids as if they were my own as well and treat them as such. 

Sure, there are step moms out there who are jealous of their step kids and try to push them away. Which is sad. I'm sorry you had a horrible step mom. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:15 PM
Tl;dr but in response to your title:

Yes. ALL step moms are exactly the same. They all come from the same step mom factory in china. The meaner looking the better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)