• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Jury summons?!

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:05 PM
  • 6 Replies
So DH's sister called yesterday telling him he got a letter in the mail saying he was being summoned for jury duty.

He hasn't lived there since he graduated high school. He used the address in college obviously, but since then, not at all.

Different counties entirely. What's the protocol for all this? Anyone know?
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
nikkidedman
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:13 PM
I don't know if it varies, but here they get their list of jurors from the list of people with a drivers license and the list of people that are registered to vote in the county. So they may have an old address for one of those? Anyway, if you don't live in that county anymore it says to contact them and you will be exempt from service.
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:14 PM
He should just be exempt. Just call and explain non residency.
sorcha1945
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:14 PM
Since he does not reside in that county he can mark not a resident and he will be excused
sorcha1945
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:17 PM
I received a jury summons fir three days after my wedding. I was moving 400 miles the day after the wedding. When I called and explained they said to mark not a resident since I would no longer be a resident the day of the jury duty.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:19 PM
Well, if it's for jury duty for that county & he doesn't live in it, he needs to notify them of that with his ID for proof.
seraphimsong
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:19 PM

He should be exempt. He can just call them and explain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)