Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bag my own groceries????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 79 Replies
1 mom liked this
Today I was doing my usual shopping trip at Kroger. I didn't buy as much as I usually get because ds and dd are on vacation with my brother and his family. So the cashier starts scanning my things I notice she doesn't start bagging them. Initially I figured she wanted to get a few items out of the way and bag later. Then I realized she was expecting me to bag.

I again reminded her about my reusable bags I brought along with me. She proceeded to tell me I could go ahead and start bagging myself. At this point I was angry. Part of her job is to bag customers grocery orders and she totally neglected that. She didn't even have a clue that her job is to assist in bagging. These young kids today are so entitled and dress so sloppy. When I was growing up, clerks wore nice dress shirt and slacks. I complained to the manager about her.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tanyainmizzou
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Man are you lazy.
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:22 PM
I bag my own reusable bags. I don't want the cashiers doing it. I do a better job.
caustinb
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:22 PM
Our Kroger has baggers that are not cashiers. Also, my arms aren't broken.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:22 PM
It is their job to ring and bag.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:23 PM
How am I lazy? It is the cashiers job. If it was busy, I would have assisted but there was only 2 other folks behind me in line with smaller orders.

Quoting tanyainmizzou: Man are you lazy.
Sisteract
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:25 PM

No, it is not the checker's job to bag. If you are lucky enough to get a bagger, than they bag. If not, you can easily bag your own. You do have functional hands and arms, right?

nmkj
by Emerald Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:25 PM
I like to bag my own stuff. The staff at kroger put my raw meat with other products every frickin time. And then I also know it will be bagged how I like it.
Sisteract
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Quoting Anonymous: How am I lazy? It is the cashiers job. If it was busy, I would have assisted but there was only 2 other folks behind me in line with smaller orders.
Quoting tanyainmizzou: Man are you lazy.

It is not the cashier's job to bag- They are much higher on the pay scale than the bagger- Heck, in my Safeway in CA, people with Down Syndrome bag-

sm1bm3
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:27 PM
I prefer to bag my own groceries
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:27 PM

We go to two different stores. One has someone else other the the cashier do it. I always tell them it's ok I will do it. I prefer doing it myself. The other one I love. They put it in the cart and we bag it ourselves.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)