Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teens and Alcohol

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:33 PM
  • 9 Replies

Do you think that teens should be exposed to alcohol to learn how to drink responsibly? For instance, do you allow your teen(s) to have a social beverage from time to time (something light like a wine cooler)? 

Or do you feel that until they are legal age, no drinking ANY alcohol, no matter how light or simple, is allowed?

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
chercaruso
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:58 PM

BUMP

strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:59 PM
No my step son had a beer with hubbs on his 21st Bday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlg1989
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Hmm.. yes and no.

I am sure some teens would know how to control themselves and other teens would go overboard. Shit, even adults are still super irresponsible with alcohol.
I think I would let my kid have a wine cooler or a beer with crabs when he is a teen, however I wouldnt let him have as many as he wants even under my supervision.
myshoes
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:00 PM
We don't really drink so it doesn't come up often. If we had it here, I would offer it to my 19 year old.
kilahchaos
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:00 PM
My parents let me, and I am fine. But I think it depends on the maturity and personality of the child.
MaryJarrett
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:01 PM
I don't think they "should" be exposed, but I don't disagree with teens having a drink with a responsible figure. We don't drink so I don't know if my kids will have the opportunity to drink with me as teens or not. I'm not opposed to it though.
StreetsAhead
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:01 PM

Well I gre up in Continental Europe - so alcohol as a kid and teen is just part of life, We do the same with the teen now

chercaruso
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 8:23 AM
Bump
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 8:27 AM

No I do not think that teens should drink, however I may allow my teen to have a glass of wine or something on a special occasion. I havent decided yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)