Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you wait around?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
My Ex husband will not follow our court order. The CO say he picks our kids up at 6pm on Friday at our house. He doesn't get here until 9-10 pm and drops them off at 9-10 pm Sunday nights. I have said some thing to him every time but he doesn't care. I would work with him if he was at work or something but he doesn't work. I'm sick of waiting around on him. What can I do to end this BS?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
nmkj
by Emerald Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:01 PM
I would give him 30 mins and then he forfeits the visit. Ask your lawyer before doing that though. See if you can't have it added if you need to.
myshoes
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:05 PM
I would just go with it. The kids are still with him the same amount of time and now that it's summer it's not a big deal. When he sees you don't care, it mAy change but probably not. It's better for the kids to get a along.
myshoes
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:05 PM
My mom did this. It mostly hurt us kids.

Quoting nmkj: I would give him 30 mins and then he forfeits the visit. Ask your lawyer before doing that though. See if you can't have it added if you need to.
kilahchaos
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Depends on the age of the children, in my opinion. If they are young, 10 is too late, and that isnt fair to them tohave to be hauled around when they should be sleeping.
Texor
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:07 PM

My lawyer told me I needed to wait two hours, then I was free to leave.  ONE TIME we weren't there when he arrived...I'd planned a weekend trip and scheduled to leave two hours after he was supposed to arrive. When he finally showed up THE NEXT MORNING and we weren't there, he learned his lesson.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:09 PM
He can pick them up whenever he wants during his time, but I would insist on 6 pm on Sunday.

You can't make rules about losing the visit if he's late unless it's actually in your order. Very bad idea.
nmkj
by Emerald Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:09 PM
What if she has stuff she needs to get done? He's being an inconsiderate jerk. He needs to get there on time.

Quoting myshoes: My mom did this. It mostly hurt us kids.

Quoting nmkj: I would give him 30 mins and then he forfeits the visit. Ask your lawyer before doing that though. See if you can't have it added if you need to.
myshoes
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Those are my kids. That is their father. Three hours on a Friday night is not a big deal!! Plan that time to be dinner and some games. If he shows before 9 nothing that can't be interrupted. If he does show at 6- he needs to feed them. It is what is best for the kids!!!!
I lived it. It only changed my opinion of my mom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:16 PM
Unless the co specifies it, he's not legally required to.

Quoting nmkj: What if she has stuff she needs to get done? He's being an inconsiderate jerk. He needs to get there on time.

Quoting myshoes: My mom did this. It mostly hurt us kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)