• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so, we just gor this dog

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
I think our dog is racist!! We got her about a month ago and took her to the pond. She's a really sweet dog. A lady that was tan ran by and she ran barking like crazy. We took her for a ride and a dark guy was walking and she started going crazy again! My neighbors just had friends come over that were really dark and she was growling and barking!! How can I fix this? She's fine with darker kids but not adults
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Could be she was possibly abused by a darker adult. I have a dog that was abused by a younger male wearing a ball cap, and whenever my son comes near him, he goes ballistic, even though my son never hurt him in any way.

kissmiss213
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:43 PM

is she a rescue? could be that she was abused....

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:44 PM
WTF?
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:44 PM

was she abused?!

My neighbor adopted a rottweiler who was like this with black people-the dad went to the shelter and he found out the previous owners (who were black) physically abused her.

My neighbor's parents had to retrain her-but she never 100% rehabilitated

mlg1989
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:44 PM
nopenope666
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:44 PM
Is your dog Brian Griffen?
myshoes
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:44 PM
I have friends who have a dog that is the same way. No matter what, that dog barks at darker people.
nopenope666
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:45 PM
Adventure Time FTW

Quoting mlg1989:
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:45 PM
When you figure it out let me know. My little guy is great with white or, rather, not dark skinned people (have an extremely li ht skinned AA friend he is fine with) but heaven forbid the black usps guy or my spanish neighbour comes to the door. My cuddle buddy turns into a crazy anklebiter in no time. Fortunately everyone has just found it humorous and no damage has been done but it's really getting out of control
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:45 PM
The family that we got her from did get her from a rescue, they said she had cuts all over her when they got her so you might be right

Quoting kissmiss213:

is she a rescue? could be that she was abused....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)