• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe what I just found in my daughters room!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I was cleaning my 14 year old dds room this weekend while she is at her dads. I went to do laundry and found in her pants pocket a not from her cousin who is 13.

Note.

We should get pregnant at the same time, then we can raise them together, and both go to the same school that way.

Her fathers town has a continuation school for pregnant teens, and teen parents. It has a daycare on campus.

I plan to show her father at exchange at 6 tonight, and I am going to have xh talk to his sister about this note xsil and I do not get along.

Now I am at a loss, I mean I knew she had a "bf" in her dads neighborhood, but now I wonder if they are having sex. Next weeks the last week of summer school, then she will be at her dads for four weeks straight, he works, and his mom lives next door, but now I am in full panic mode. She's only going to be a sophmore.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:57 PM

you dont know what your daughter is thinking.she could be thinking hell no!!sit her down and talk..

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Wow...cousin seems like a bad influence and I would be limiting their time together. Your daughter was the recipient, so be calm with her until you get the full story. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Ya but either way her cousin is thinking about it, so now xh will have to discuss this with his sister.

I'm wondering if I should keep cleaning her room, I feel like if I do it will be like I am searching her room.

Quoting quinnsmom715:

you dont know what your daughter is thinking.she could be thinking hell no!!sit her down and talk..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:03 PM
Xsil had her at 15, and has always been the friend, she still lives with xmil who owns the house nextdoor to xh.

So cousin is around all the time, anytime she's with her dad the cousin is there.

Xsil never liked me, so I'm going to let xh handle that side.

But now my mind is freaking out.. I'm tempted to call him and ask him to come over a little early.

Quoting JulyBabies:

Wow...cousin seems like a bad influence and I would be limiting their time together. Your daughter was the recipient, so be calm with her until you get the full story. 

quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:05 PM

update when you talk to your daughter.

BossMomXo
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:07 PM

You really need to talk to her about everything and how wrong it is! Talk to her how she has her whole life to think about, everything she will miss out on if she has a baby and how hard its going to be of course, yes babies are cute but taking care of them 24/7 could turn into a struggle for someone that young. If you want to get creative about it give her the life of a young mom wake her up at different hours of the night, take away time with her friends.

But it really has to start with talking and hopefully she will understand, but if she already gets it and it's more of her cousins idea and shes against it then kudos to her, smart girl! But still keep an eye out because peer pressure is easy around that age group because they are still learning and very curious mostly when parents say no.

Good luck mama

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:07 PM

It could be nothing, or it could be really bad.  You need to talk with her asap.

I know that we said a lot of dumb things in notes at that age too, so....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:07 PM
I will, its only three right now though.

The mom in me is struggling to I keep cleaning her room I feel like I am searching at this point. Or do I not touch her room...

Quoting quinnsmom715:

update when you talk to your daughter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:09 PM
Hire a babysitter to stay with her while the dad is away or have dad have someone watch her.
MaryJarrett
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:11 PM
Oh my!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)