Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

menu planning

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:10 PM
  • 9 Replies
Does anyone have a good menu planning app?
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
countrymomma81
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:10 PM

No, I just do it with a pen and notebook. I had no idea there were apps for that. 

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:11 PM

I don't use an app. I look at my grocery flyer, look in my freezer and cabinets and then plan 1 weeks worth of meals.

allycally
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:12 PM
There's a few.. I used to use one called food planner but I got a new phone and haven't added it...just wondering if there was a better one

Quoting countrymomma81:

No, I just do it with a pen and notebook. I had no idea there were apps for that. 

allycally
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:13 PM
That's what I usually do

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I don't use an app. I look at my grocery flyer, look in my freezer and cabinets and then plan 1 weeks worth of meals.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Nope, just pen and paper. I go off of what we already have in the house, what is on sale and what are schedule is. I plan 2 weeks at a time.
countrymomma81
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Ohh. Ha! Well then, lol. 

I just walk around my house and write down what I have on hand already. Then I check the sales papers to see what's on sale and I add that in with our schedule for the week and what each person requests (if anything) and come up with what I need for meals for the next two weeks. Sometimes I need meals that are super quick depending on what practices, meetings or games we have each night. I write down meals then I make a list of what I need for each thing. Then I write another list based on the route through the store, lol. 

Quoting allycally: There's a few.. I used to use one called food planner but I got a new phone and haven't added it...just wondering if there was a better one
Quoting countrymomma81:

wedding countdown
cacajoni2
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:18 PM

I actually use a picture frame with a cute piece of paper in it as a sort of dry erase board. I write what we're having each night and plan groceries from there. That way my husband doesn't ask me every day what we're having and it's easy to cook each night without thinking too much about it :) 

countrymomma81
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:18 PM

Quoting Anonymous: Nope, just pen and paper. I go off of what we already have in the house, what is on sale and what are schedule is. I plan 2 weeks at a time.

That's exactly what I do, lol. Down to the 2 weeks at one time and all. 

wedding countdown
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:18 PM
I just write it out in notes on my phone
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)