Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yes i encourage her to eat with her hands.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

DD will be two in October. She can eat with a spoon and fork and holds it well she just has some trouble with the scooping with the spoon and stabbing with the fork. So sometimes i tell her its okay eat with your hands. She always tries the fork and spoon first after a while she gets frustrated and i want her to eat so. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:10 PM
Do what works for you.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:11 PM
No biggie.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:12 PM

OMG she will never have table manners !  joke

April620
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:13 PM
Yea giving in is such a great idea! Keep it up and I bet her teenage years will be awesome!
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:14 PM
3 moms liked this

Lol, how does one equate eating green beans with their fingers as a toddler with a loss of control over a teenager?

ESCALATION.

Quoting April620: Yea giving in is such a great idea! Keep it up and I bet her teenage years will be awesome!

Yetegemene
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:15 PM

As long as her hands are washed, whatever works for you!

shaybb84
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:16 PM
2 years old and not using utensils??? Oh the horror! I'm sure when my son is 2 he will be eating with his hands also, there is more than enough time for them to be proper eaters so let her have fun with her finger foods while she can.
dandylynes
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol, I let my now 16 y/o eat with her fingers when she was a toddler.  She started using her utensils just fine when she was ready.

She has decent table manners.

I really don't think that some women get the idea that a teenager is not the same person as a toddler.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Lol, how does one equate eating green beans with their fingers as a toddler with a loss of control over a teenager?

ESCALATION.

Quoting April620: Yea giving in is such a great idea! Keep it up and I bet her teenage years will be awesome!

Lo428
by get over yourself on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:19 PM

It's not really a big deal. She's only two.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:20 PM

lol yeah lady. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)