Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's in YOUR spice rack?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

What spices/seasonings/herbs do you have on hand all the time? 

For me it's:

cumin, corinander, cinnamon, chili powder, cayenne pepper, Chinese five spice, taragon, thyme (dried and fresh), rosemary, (dried and fresh), paprika, ginger, oregeno, ground cloves, fresh basil, fresh mint and of course, kosher salt and ground pepper. 

With those as my staples, I can make pretty much anything. 

So, what's in YOUR spice rack?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mlg1989
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:02 PM
Oregano, basil, cilantro, cinnamon sticks, old bay, parsley, cayenne pepper, paprika, rosemary, black peppercorn, black pepper, seasoned salt, regular salt, bay leaves and I think I have some salad supreme up there too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Everything?

AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:04 PM

a big ass thing of curry powder i got for two bucks. yay! i still have to get cumin.

i just started building my spice rack, so i only have the basics like cinammon, S&P, onion powder, stuff like that. but i'm really happy with the curry powder lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:05 PM

I love cilantro!  I grew it for a long a time, but honestly, I liked what I got at our little ethnic grocery store around the corner better, so I stopped.  I buy it when I need it for something specific ..but it's so delicious! 

Quoting mlg1989: Oregano, basil, cilantro, cinnamon sticks, old bay, parsley, cayenne pepper, paprika, rosemary, black peppercorn, black pepper, seasoned salt, regular salt, bay leaves and I think I have some salad supreme up there too.

kaysha
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:06 PM
Very limited right now. We don't have room for a spice rack or even a shelf for them. If we need one we don't have, we borrow a little bit from family. They understand our predicament.
mlg1989
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:06 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I love cilantro!  I grew it for a long a time, but honestly, I liked what I got at our little ethnic grocery store around the corner better, so I stopped.  I buy it when I need it for something specific ..but it's so delicious! 

Quoting mlg1989: Oregano, basil, cilantro, cinnamon sticks, old bay, parsley, cayenne pepper, paprika, rosemary, black peppercorn, black pepper, seasoned salt, regular salt, bay leaves and I think I have some salad supreme up there too.

I have the dried stuff and I have a cilantro plant outside for when we have tacos :3 I love it fresh. That and basil.
mommy211983
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:07 PM
I love to cook so honestly way too many to list.
elzmnsf
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Basically the same as you except for the tarragon and salt. I also always have turmeric, cayenne, various chillis in powder form, and some curry powder.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:09 PM

LOL! I have this huge thing of curry powder that I think I used ONCE for a Indian recipe.  I'd like to know how you use that so regularly.  :-)

Quoting AngryBob:

a big ass thing of curry powder i got for two bucks. yay! i still have to get cumin.

i just started building my spice rack, so i only have the basics like cinammon, S&P, onion powder, stuff like that. but i'm really happy with the curry powder lol

Heisenberg
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Mexican chili salt, crushed red pepper, cumin, basil, tarragon, oregano, chili powder, cinnamon, vanilla extract, onion salt, Lawry's Seasoned Salt and Lawrey's Seasoned Pepper, sea salt, parsley, that's all that I can think of that I use on a regular basis.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)