Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you say something or just stop talking to her?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

I met this girl, Ashley, in the 4th grade. We were really good friends and we used to tell each other everything. She was there for me up until I turned 19 (I am almost 22 now). She had a baby and her son is almost six months old now.

Lately that's ALL we, her other friends, hear about. We can go out for a girls night and she will literally talk about being a parent or about her son. We can be talking about sex and she can manage to start talking about her son. Even in conversations that you wouldn't think she could manage to bring it up, she still does it.

Our friends are kind of getting annoyed at it, too. Last night she kept asking me what was wrong -- she's known I have been down lately -- and after aggravating me about it for over an hour I told her. As soon as I started telling her what was going on, she just started going off about her son like I hadn't said anything! 

It's like she has no life outside of being a parent. Would you say something to her or just stop talking to her?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Do you have any kids

rescuerdownunde
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:05 PM
I would just let it go. She is a new mom that IS kind of her whole world right now, it will fade. Do you have kids?
mlg1989
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:05 PM
Just dont invite her out anymore, I would still be her friend though. Maybe that is all she wants to talk about, her kid is the center of her world. lol
Just talk to her when it comes to playdates and parenting stuff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you have any kids

I have 2, DD10 and DS2 and baby #3 on the way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:07 PM
I can't stand parents like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Quoting rescuerdownunde: I would just let it go. She is a new mom that IS kind of her whole world right now, it will fade. Do you have kids?

I have 2, a DD that is 10y/o (before anyone comments, yes she is adopted.) and a DS that is 2y/o and I am pregnant with baby #3.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:09 PM
you should probably not be friends with people if you do not share the same interests
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Quoting mlg1989: Just dont invite her out anymore, I would still be her friend though. Maybe that is all she wants to talk about, her kid is the center of her world. lol Just talk to her when it comes to playdates and parenting stuff.

That's just it, when we have these girls nights it's because we want to get AWAY from playdates and parenting stuff.

soon2bmomof2grs
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:09 PM

She might not have a life outside of her son, more so if she is a stay at home mother. Just saying, it happens.

rescuerdownunde
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:11 PM
Well see that's probably why, you're past that stage. Don't you remember when you were a brand new mom?! I do, everything about my kid facinated me! I was like omg she pooped today that's so sweet and precious! Now I'm over it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting rescuerdownunde: I would just let it go. She is a new mom that IS kind of her whole world right now, it will fade. Do you have kids?

I have 2, a DD that is 10y/o and a DS that is 2y/o and I am pregnant with baby #3.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)