Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sahm advice....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Hi guys, I have 5 kids the youngest are under age 3. Im a new grad nurse and was just offered a job working for a nursing home in my area. My husband makes a fair wage so we are not in need of the extra income. Just wondering if Ishould take the Job. My family think that its too early with my youngest being 7 months. I just graduated a few months back so I'm super excited about starting a nursing career. What do you think I should do. My husband supports me either way.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
shaybb84
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:09 PM
Do what you want. It's not up to anyone else how you live your life.
nopenope666
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:09 PM
I would.
tisha826
by Tisha on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:10 PM
I would atleast do part time
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:11 PM
Not sure why you would get a degree if you werent going to use it. I would be like "See ya kids. Ill be back in time for dinner."
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:13 PM
Yes, I would.
I'd use my degree as quickly as possible. To enjoy my work & make $ for my family.
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Quoting thenameshailie: Not sure why you would get a degree if you werent going to use it. I would be like "See ya kids. Ill be back in time for dinner."

Exactly. I am getting my BSN and plan to work!

Shortbutt
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:24 PM

It's all up to you. I personally, would try to make it part time so I still get to spend a lot of time with my babies. And as they get older move onto full time. But like I said, that's just me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:26 PM
Ok I'm getting some positive feed back. This is wonderful, I was feeling a little guilty about wanting to leave the kids. My aunt has offered to stay to care for the kids as I transition back. I'm really excited because its really hard to find a job as a new grad. Most employeers want experienced nurses so I'm thinking I should seize the opprotunity.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)