• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you dont come to class of course I am going to fail you!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
It is a requirement to come to classes. If you miss one you get marked off 5 points, if you miss a second you get marked off 15 points, if you miss a third one you fail automatically

This is course policy and department policy and it is all in the syllabus.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaRae85
by *you're on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Okay? I'm assuming someone was failed and complained?

Hanab818
by ThePonds on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Im assuming someone wants to be he execption to the rule.

mlg1989
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:33 PM
Rules are rules.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Yes. A month after grades were turned in.

Quoting MamaRae85:

Okay? I'm assuming someone was failed and complained?

dbrown1989
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Is this for a college course? There really isn't a one day allowance? Shit does happen.
The rest of the policy, I do agree with.
Schauseil
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:35 PM
3 moms liked this
As a college student, I think this is stupid. I'm paying you. Techniquely you work for me. And if your class is so easy that I can pass it without even attending, that says a lot about your course. You shouldn't have to force students to come to class, the curriculum should be chalanging enough that they have to come to class to understand it. If I can teach myself out of a book on my own time, then you are a bad teacher.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:37 PM
This is for a lab....we meet one time a week. If you dont come to it you will not do good in the class either way.

It has nothing to do with how easy the class is....it is a hard class overall....it has to do with the fact that you are required to have a hands on lab to go with the lecture.

Quoting Schauseil: As a college student, I think this is stupid. I'm paying you. Techniquely you work for me. And if your class is so easy that I can pass it without even attending, that says a lot about your course. You shouldn't have to force students to come to class, the curriculum should be chalanging enough that they have to come to class to understand it. If I can teach myself out of a book on my own time, then you are a bad teacher.
cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:37 PM

5 points off your final grade? I am a teacher and have never heard of a penalty for missing ONE class. Usually you can miss 2 before it affects your grade. I am talking University level.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:38 PM
Yes, it is a lab.

We meet one time a week. There are also 12 different sections every day of the week where you can make it up but not showing up is not an option.

Quoting dbrown1989: Is this for a college course? There really isn't a one day allowance? Shit does happen.
The rest of the policy, I do agree with.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:38 PM
There is really no reason to miss it. There are 12 other sections you can make it up with.

Quoting cali_gurl:

5 points off your final grade? I am a teacher and have never heard of a penalty for missing ONE class. Usually you can miss 2 before it affects your grade. I am talking University level.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)