Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Asking neighbors kids to dog sit?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

I've got 4 dogs (Lab, Great Dane, Cocker spaniel, and a pit bull mix). All 4 are sweethearts and don't need anything special done, just food/water and bathroom. 

I will be out of town from July 11th-July 15th and again the first week in August. 

My neighbors kid is always playing with the dogs and is really good with them. I'm thinking about asking the kid if they would be interested in watching them for me while I'm out of town. I would pay her 300 each time. 

Would this be out of line to ask? She is 11 or 12, so I would prolly ask her and her older sister to help out (she's 15). 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ripemango
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:01 PM

i would ask the parents first without her knowing. get permission for that and then ask her.

i did that sort of thing at her age and absolutely loved it. i watched someone's parrot for two weeks in my home and it was awesome.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:01 PM
I would run it by the parents first. Then ask the girls. I bet they would love a summer 'job'
mrsmoonbeam
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:09 PM
This

Quoting ripemango:

i would ask the parents first without her knowing. get permission for that and then ask her.

i did that sort of thing at her age and absolutely loved it. i watched someone's parrot for two weeks in my home and it was awesome.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)