• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

could it be his epilepsy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
Bought my eight yr old an xbox for his birthday. When in school he was alpud to play it for 45 minutes and now that its summer he gets an hr and a half to two hours a day. Its mostly in the evening when its too daek to play outside. I just took it away cause I noticed he has been blinking like crazy. When I say blinking a lot I mean at least 4-6 times a second. He had epilepsy as a toddler up to 5yrs old then as the dr said he outgrew his seizures. I'm wondering it him playing the video game is triggering his seizures again.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:01 PM

What games is he playing?  I know that there are some that do comes with seizure warnings. 

It could also be eye strain from staring at the TV. 

If you're worried about the epilepsy, I'd make an appointment with his doctor, or a neurologist if you still have one.

ejkdmom
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Could be, but could be an eye thing maybe dry eyes or needs glasses.  In any case, since he has a history of epilepsy I would take him to the doc asap.  I would also take him for an eye check.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:03 PM
The game he mostly plays is minecraft and viva pinata. He also has a racing game and halo 4 but he don't play those very often.

Quoting LokisMama:

What games is he playing?  I know that there are some that do comes with seizure warnings. 

If you're worried about the epilepsy, I'd make an appointment with his doctor, or a neurologist if you still have one.

LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Minecraft is pretty game but Viva Pinata is all sorts of colorful craziness.

I'd make an appt with his doctor, just to be safe.

Quoting Anonymous: The game he mostly plays is minecraft and viva pinata. He also has a racing game and halo 4 but he don't play those very often.
Quoting LokisMama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)