• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I met his daughter...I have questions for you ladies

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:04 PM
  • 65 Replies
How long were you and your so/dh dating before you became an "official couple"? And if you both had kids from previous relationships how long before you both met the other's kids? I ask because I started seeing this guy a couple of weeks ago and I saw him today and met his 12 yr old daughter. I think that's way too soon to meet the kids. But his kid his choice. He has a 13 yr old son too but he wasn't there. I've also met their mother nice lady.
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bjw_053109
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:10 PM
Bump
ripemango
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:15 PM
2 moms liked this

i don't know if there is 'set' time or just when it feels right, when it feels like you may be adding someone to your future family.

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

smalltownteddy
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
DH and I were friends before we started dating, so DD was already familiar with him.

I really don't see meeting the kids as that big of a deal as long as it's not -made- into a big deal. Obviously you would want to be sure that someone isn't a massive POS before they're around your children, but I imagine by the time you're actually dating someone, you already have a pretty good idea if they're appropriate for a family setting or not.
bjw_053109
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:19 PM
Oh, he's a very nice guy and I wouldn't mind him meeting my kids. I'm just cautious I guess. Maybe a little paranoid.

Quoting smalltownteddy: DH and I were friends before we started dating, so DD was already familiar with him.

I really don't see meeting the kids as that big of a deal as long as it's not -made- into a big deal. Obviously you would want to be sure that someone isn't a massive POS before they're around your children, but I imagine by the time you're actually dating someone, you already have a pretty good idea if they're appropriate for a family setting or not.
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:22 PM

In a situation like your I would wait at least 6 months before meeting kids. 

Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:23 PM
2 moms liked this
We met each others kid on the first date. But our kids were only 2 and it was more of a play date type thing which my daughter was use to cause we had play dates with other moms and their kids. It just ended up that we connected so well and became inseparable! Been together 5 years.
sm1bm3
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:23 PM
My kids met my DH and his son after we dated for 3 weeks. The kids are all the same age so they would have met in school anyways. Like smalltown said, its only a big deal if you make it a big deal. Otherwise its just people hanging out.
bjw_053109
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:25 PM
I like that

Quoting sm1bm3: My kids met my DH and his son after we dated for 3 weeks. The kids are all the same age so they would have met in school anyways. Like smalltown said, its only a big deal if you make it a big deal. Otherwise its just people hanging out.
plprincess78
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's different for everyone. I waited until I was sure that the relationship was actually going to go somewhere before I introduced my kids. And then we made sure to meet someplace that was neutral for all the kids involved.
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:26 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)