Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your best home remedy for...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
A sunburn? I spent the day at the beach with the kids. I put sunscreen on them every time they were out of the water and everything the bottle says like I'm supposed to but I completely forgot about myself. I was wearing a regular t shirt and yoga pants so the back of my neck and my shoulders got it the worst. My face is pretty burnt too. I've got aloe here but it's not really helping much. What do you do for a sun burn?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:23 PM
The plain old potato makes for a wonderful pain reliever. It's a time-tested technique known throughout the world. Take two washed potatoes, cut them into small chunks, and place them in a blender or food processor. Blend or process until the potatoes are in liquid form. Add water if they look dry. Pat the burned areas with the pulverized potatoes. Wait until the potatoes dry, then take a cool shower. Another less messy method is to apply the mash to a clean gauze and place on the burn. Change the dressing every hour. Continue applying several times a day for a few days until the pain is relieved.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:23 PM
Sunburns often strike where skin meets bathing suit. Sensitive and hard-to-reach spots you've neglected to smear with suntan lotion (along bikini lines, underneath buttock cheeks, or around the breasts and armpits) often fall victim. These burn spots then have to face daily irritation from tight elastic in bras and underwear. To ease chafing, cover the burned area with a dusting of cornstarch. Don't apply petroleum jelly or oils, which can exacerbate the burn by blocking pores. If the burn is blistering, however, don't apply anything.
dragonborn
by Wonderstruck on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:24 PM
Whipped coconut oil with lavender. Rub it in. Then spray apple cider vinegar on it. It will clear up within 2 days.
Heisenberg
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:25 PM
Coconut oil
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Tea bags work wonders
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Cut a raw potato in half and rub it on the burn.
imakehimscream
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:27 PM
I had sunburn on my face on friday. I have been putting noxema on it twice a day. It felt better and I don't see the redness anymore
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:35 PM

you can try this. I havent burned yet to try it.The comment section has other things people have tried and worked. 

http://www.budget101.com/tips-tricks/instant-sunburn-relief-cure-4231.html

laura1986
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:35 PM
Vinegar. It stings like hell at first but after that the burn is gone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)