Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Since when does medicaid do this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 93 Replies
I got a letter in the mail today saying that I had an appointment to meet with my case worker in regards to my sons absentee father. It said failure to comply could lead to loss of insurance coverage.

Wtf? I haven't seen the guy in 3-4 years. I like it that way. He's a fucking drug head who's in and out of jail. I don't want him around any more than he wants to be around or be sober. What am I suppose to do now? The crappy insurance my work provides is super expensive and the copay is sky high.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Go and see what they have to say.
lilmommy1991
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I would go and see what they want. Who knows what if he is trying to file for benefits with your son on his case.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
The coat of having state insurance. Nothing is ever really free...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this
The state should be a last resort for insurance and financial assistance for children. If they can track down your ex he needs to pay.
mom2_2542
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this
You may just have to go and state all of that. They probably have to update. Good luck!
SerpentsKiss
by Erica on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Just go see the case worker.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this
In oklahoma you must let them assist you with getting child support or they will deny your coverage.
summerlove3677
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:41 PM
Guess you have to go and see or lose the state insurance
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Meet with them so you don't lose insurance. More than likely they want to get as much information from the father so they can start pursing the medical costs. 

I found out thur SIL that more agencies are doing it. She wanted to apply for food stamps, housing and medicaid for her son. The only way they would help her is if she gave them the child's father's info and she pursued a Child Support case. She didn't want to as he pays for certain expenses in lieu of child support. She thinks she will lose money if she asked for child support, so she didn't try for the services. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Awe I'm sorry they want you to get off your ass and do something in order to keep getting assistance. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)