Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you test now?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I have a period app on my phone that I have been using for about a year now because my periods were so unpredictable. I usually start 2-3 days before I scheduled to start (the reason I got the app).

I'm scheduled to start tomorrow & so far I have not started. I'm a bit worried. I had my tubes tied 5 years ago. I am dating someone (for 6 months now). We do have sex on a regular basis.

Should I test now or wait until I am actually late?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:55 PM

There's a good chance it would be positive by now if you were pregnant, so if it would give you peace of mind I would go ahead.

.PinkHart.
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:55 PM
An app is useless when it comes to irregular periods. What cycle day are you on?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:56 PM
I'd give it a few days, but if you're too curious, go for it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Hopefully you had him tested before having regular unprotected sex.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:02 PM

This was my first thought.  I was born in the 80s, grew up in the 90s with the threat of AIDS hanging over my head.  We were taught that unprotected sex could be a death sentence.  I understand that there are drugs to treat HIV and AIDS now, has that completely eliminated the fear for the younger generations?  Why are so many of these ladies on this site having unprotected sex?  When I was dating I NEVER had sex without a condom, I don't care how long I was with the guy.  I had a very healthy and active sex life, never once thought unprotected sex was a good idea, even though I was on birth control.  To answer your question op, buy a test, unless it's a financial hardship for you.  If you can't afford the test, wait a few more days to test.

Oh, and if your periods are irregular, learn how to do nfp.  Not that I think you should be using that method unless you are married, but you should learn NFP so that you can learn your cycle.  Even women with irregular cycles experience body changes during their cycle.  If you learn to look for those changes, you will have an easier time predicting your periods.

Quoting Anonymous: Hopefully you had him tested before having regular unprotected sex.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:04 PM
If an $0.88 test is a financial hardship, she really has no business having sex lol

Quoting Anonymous:

This was my first thought.  I was born in the 80s, grew up in the 90s with the threat of AIDS hanging over my head.  We were taught that unprotected sex could be a death sentence.  I understand that there are drugs to treat HIV and AIDS now, has that completely eliminated the fear for the younger generations?  Why are so many of these ladies on this site having unprotected sex?  When I was dating I NEVER had sex without a condom, I don't care how long I was with the guy.  I had a very healthy and active sex life, never once thought unprotected sex was a good idea, even though I was on birth control.  To answer your question op, buy a test, unless it's a financial hardship for you.  If you can't afford the test, wait a few more days to test.

Quoting Anonymous: Hopefully you had him tested before having regular unprotected sex.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)