Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where to go?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:12 PM
  • 59 Replies

So DH has a job that means we can transfer almost anywhere in the country. We plan on doing this next summer. Problem is... we have no idea where to go lol. 

What are some ideas?

Nowhere in Tennessee, Alabama, or Mississippi PLEASE!

DH likes the cold. I like the heat but can deal. I have never lived in a really big city but I am open. DH doesn't like the country anymore. I like to be able to do things and go places. 

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tgant731
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:11 PM

Come on ladies!

Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:13 PM
I can't make any suggestions without knowing what you like to do, weather you can tolerate, do you want urban or rural, etc.
Tgant731
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:18 PM

You are very right. I edited my post to account for that. DH likes the cold. I like the heat, but I can bundle up. We like to have places to go and have a good date night and places to take the kids. 

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs: I can't make any suggestions without knowing what you like to do, weather you can tolerate, do you want urban or rural, etc.

Sissi30
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Where I live we have all 4 seasons. We get them all. It's nice because when you get tired of the season, it's changing to the next one :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:20 PM

Well, I'd go Midwest or upper Eastcoast so you can experience both extreme cold and heat at various points of the year. ;)

AlohaTink
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:20 PM
We are in Tennessee and love it. But my dad lives in Southern NYS and its gorgeous there.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:21 PM
I loved living in Alaska, plenty of cold up there.
SneezyAl
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:21 PM
I would go to Colorado.
Tgant731
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:22 PM

That sounds nice. We skipped spring this year and went straight to summer. That was fine with me but DH is suffering.

Quoting Sissi30: Where I live we have all 4 seasons. We get them all. It's nice because when you get tired of the season, it's changing to the next one :)

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:22 PM
Connecticut is nice too, lots of cold there as well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)