Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ex had an affair - I'm the cheater?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies
Ex and I are divorced six years and he's now married to the woman that he cheated on me with. Our kids, DS8 and DD9, of course have no nothing about WHY we are divorced, though they are dimly aware that stepmom and I don't speak unless absolutely necessary. (I HAVE TO foster a nice relationship with their father. I don't HAVE TO talk to her. They're both at fault for the affair.)

When we divorced, he moved away and abandoned all of our mutual friends. One wife, from the get-go, was keen to stay friends with Ex and his girlfriend because she thought that they were the 'safer bet' and that I was going to try to steal her husband. I let them go as I had more than enough drama at the time and didn't miss her particular brand of crazy.

Three years ago, through the grapevine, I hear that this couple is having trouble and that she's cheating. They recently got divorced and the husband rejoined his old group of friends who his wife had systematically alienated over the years. The wife remains friendly with Ex and his wife.

My kids come home tonight and during bedtime, ask me if I'm the reason that Wife and Husband got divorced. I said 'no' and started to move on and then stopped short and asked why. Evidently, Wife was at Daddy's this weekend and my kids asked why her kids weren't there and she told them that her kids 'live with their Daddy now cuz your Mommy decided that she likes their daddy better than yours and I had to move out and get an apartment.'

I called Ex and he said he had no idea any of it was said, said that he'd fix it and that he'd keep her away from the kids from now on. I lost my marbles and told him that I've NEVER said a word to them about our actual, factual situation to protect both him and the kids and now, on his watch, my kids are told this about ME when it has NO truth to it and to my shock, he acknowledged that, agreed, apologized and promised to help me fix it. It's the FIRST TIME he's EVER admitted it!!

The kids already knew she was crazy (HER kids told them that!) so they're totally okay with the truth, so I'm calling tonight a win for the unexpected confession.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Mandy_yanna13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:36 PM
Oh wow what a mess! Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)