Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dh got approved for disability!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies
5 moms liked this
I am so thankful, and grateful. He was injured in an accident in Iraq back in 2008. Not seriously injured, but he got a pretty severe back injury, that has hindered him since. He applied over a year ago, and finally got approved! We got a nice back pay check, and will be receiving that supplemental income now. It's only partial disability, but he is also now considered a disabled vet.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KME3
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:26 PM
Yay
flibbertygibbet
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:32 PM
Congrats!!!
sunsetbeach81
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:34 PM
And it's well deserved.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you!

Quoting flibbertygibbet: Congrats!!!
_mimimosley_
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:49 PM
My dh was injured on his way to Iraq in 08. Lol his base was hit by a tornado and the whole building crumbled onto them while sleeping. He received disability for that and ptsd. It took a while. The back pay check was nice though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Oh wow! That's scary

Quoting _mimimosley_: My dh was injured on his way to Iraq in 08. Lol his base was hit by a tornado and the whole building crumbled onto them while sleeping. He received disability for that and ptsd. It took a while. The back pay check was nice though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:54 PM

My dh's compensation started within 3 months of retiring. No big back pay paychecks here because it kicked in pretty fast but it sure is nice to have that check deposited every 1st.

I know the wait is very frustrating and there are people who have been waiting for years. Congrats!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:57 PM
I have a permanent disability both mental and physical. Plus have bone spurs on 90% of my lower spine. Plus PTSD, panic attack disorder, anxiety and chronic headaches. Oh and two major brain injuries Which required double surgery and close death. But I don't qualify. My Dr 3 of them declared me to disabled to work. I don't qualify. Must be nice to brag minor back injuries get it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Appeal the decision.  If your doctor feels that you are disabled, appeal.  My husband was denied twice for his back, until he had to have neck surgery.  He was approved for SSD because of it.  However, his back is full of arthritis and his legs get numb.  "Minor" back injuries DO NOT exist.

Quoting Anonymous: I have a permanent disability both mental and physical. Plus have bone spurs on 90% of my lower spine. Plus PTSD, panic attack disorder, anxiety and chronic headaches. Oh and two major brain injuries Which required double surgery and close death. But I don't qualify. My Dr 3 of them declared me to disabled to work. I don't qualify. Must be nice to brag minor back injuries get it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:07 PM
5 lawyers and one court appeal judge said I can work but Dr has 30 pages proving to disabled to work

Quoting Anonymous:

Appeal the decision.  If your doctor feels that you are disabled, appeal.  My husband was denied twice for his back, until he had to have neck surgery.  He was approved for SSD because of it.  However, his back is full of arthritis and his legs get numb.  "Minor" back injuries DO NOT exist.

Quoting Anonymous: I have a permanent disability both mental and physical. Plus have bone spurs on 90% of my lower spine. Plus PTSD, panic attack disorder, anxiety and chronic headaches. Oh and two major brain injuries Which required double surgery and close death. But I don't qualify. My Dr 3 of them declared me to disabled to work. I don't qualify. Must be nice to brag minor back injuries get it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)