• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think I am overreacting?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies

So today my whole family had to go to a rehearsal dinner. I had a baby sitter set to watch my 16 month old, but she ended up canceling the night before because she was sick. So I was freaking out and one of my best friends offered to watch my daughter. My DH and I are the first out of our group of friends to have kids. We're only 24. So my friend decided it would be funny to dress my daughter up and let her hold a beer can (she did not drink it and it was never open) and pretend to drink it and put it on facebook with the caption "sunday funday." 

I didn't see it until we were driving and how and I was so annoyed. I don't really find this funny at all and quite immature. I showed my DH and he thought it was funny and told me not to say anything to our friend. I'm still annoyed. I didn't say anything yet. Do you think I'm overreacting?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tgant731
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think you are overreacting. I would be annoyed. But do not burn bridges over something that did not hurt your little one. It wasn't in the best of taste, but it's not detrimental. If I were you, I would just let this one slide. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it would be funny if it hadn't been put on facebook. I would be concerned about someone calling CPS thinking that that is the kind of behavior that goes on in your home. I'd be mad too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:43 PM

It's not that I don't want to be friends with her anymore. I get it. She doesn't have kids and doesn't really understand. It's just I don't want those types of pictures online for all to see. It makes me look bad.

Quoting Tgant731:

I don't think you are overreacting. I would be annoyed. But do not burn bridges over something that did not hurt your little one. It wasn't in the best of taste, but it's not detrimental. If I were you, I would just let this one slide. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:44 PM

That is my one concern. People don't know I wasn't involved in that. They could think I'm a horrible mom. My husband thinks I should just let it go.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it would be funny if it hadn't been put on facebook. I would be concerned about someone calling CPS thinking that that is the kind of behavior that goes on in your home. I'd be mad too.

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:44 PM
I think it's hilarious. Except the FB part. Pictures like that are meant for private viewing, not to be blasted all over the Internet
Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:44 PM

My biggest problem would be that she out it on Fb. That's not appropriate at all. She shouldn't of done it at all but to do it and put it on Fb, way out of line.

I would at least ask her to take it off Fb.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I would make a joke out of it that was serious. For instance, when we got home I'd say "So apparently I need to set some ground rules - like no pics of my baby drinking beer/smoking blunts/doing lines and whatnot." Joking around but - with a "seriously, no."
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I probably wouldn't have be as annoyed if it wasn't on FB. People don't know that I wasn't involved. Anyone could call CPS.

Quoting sandra_t00: I think it's hilarious. Except the FB part. Pictures like that are meant for private viewing, not to be blasted all over the Internet

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:45 PM

I want to, but my husband think I'm being petty and a joy kill. He even liked it and commented on it.

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

My biggest problem would be that she out it on Fb. That's not appropriate at all. She shouldn't of done it at all but to do it and put it on Fb, way out of line.

I would at least ask her to take it off Fb.

Foolynroo2
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Yes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)