Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dh is over reacting eta

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Dh has a brother. Bil and I are close in age and get along great. Were just all around close friends. Have been since dh and I started dating. Dh and I have a 10 year age gap while bil and I are 4 years apart.

Bil and I can hold a conversation for hours, we hang out, sit next to each other at church. Were close friends.

Dh made a comment today that with how close bil and I are everyone is starting to think their something unspoken between us. He also said he sometimes thinks I married the wrong brother.

Apparently bil and I are *to close.*

I don't see how?

All I see is 2 friends.

I love my dh very much and I guess I was just floored when he brought this up.

Ladies, any advice?

No I'm not dismissing dhs feelings. And yes I know I have to and I am distancing myself from bil.
I never realized we appeared to be more nor did I realize how close we actually were. :/
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheMessThatsMe
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:56 PM
?? Do you have a confession?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:57 PM
No just want Insight from the ladies on here?

Quoting TheMessThatsMe: ?? Do you have a confession?
ajdahd13
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:58 PM
2 moms liked this
I think maybe you need to step back from your friendship, if you value your marriage. It sounds like DH sees how close y'all are, and it makes him uncomfortable.
Hanab818
by ThePonds on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:58 PM

maybe put some distance between you and bil. 

TheMessThatsMe
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:59 PM
Do you spend more time with DH or BIL? Do you get more excited to be around DH or BIL?

Quoting Anonymous: No just want Insight from the ladies on here?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:59 PM
I don't think he is over reacting. If other people are noticing then maybe you two are giving off a more than friends vibe. I would be uncomfortable too if I was your husband. It has got to be embarrassing for him to have these people questioning your relationship with bil.
GhettoKoolAide
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:59 PM
Cute. A newbie.

OP, you just went on and on about how awesome you bil is and how old your Dh is.

Back off your bil and respect your husband.

BubbsJNL
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:59 PM
If it was worth it to him to mention it to you, I'd recommend putting some space between you and BIL. Sit with hubby at Church, talk to hubby for hours.

You might not realize it but maybe BIL is mooning over you but because your side of it is so innocent, you can't see it?

Don't just dismiss hubby's thought/fears, though. Even if it is innocent on both sides, hubby's feelings matter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:59 PM
I knew we were close I just didn't realize we are to close. And I've already decided that was prob something I need to do. Right after dh brought this up.

Quoting ajdahd13: I think maybe you need to step back from your friendship, if you value your marriage. It sounds like DH sees how close y'all are, and it makes him uncomfortable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:59 PM
*we're just close friends (not were)

*too close (not to close)

Just sayin'.....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)