Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cells phones are a necessity now

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 190 Replies
3 moms liked this
Like it or not they are. I am not saying a smartphone but yes a cell phone is. And some are cheaper than a landline. Hell smartphones are cheaper than a landline is.

Having cell phone doesn't mean that the poor folk are trying to live like the rich folk. That went out about 10 years ago when cellphones came more available and cheaper.

Sorry if there are errors I am on my android phone and my vision gets. Little blur at night.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajdahd13
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:12 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree with you. That's why my kids will have one by 10 years old.
baquick
by Ruby Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:14 PM
I agree. A cell is a necessity now. It doesn't have to have all the bells and whistles, but having one is.
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:14 PM

I agree. My mom has told me some stories of years past, when she says a cell phone would have saved a LOT OF trouble in quite a few situations. She wishes they were around when my brothers and I were children.

I just couldn't go back to not having the ability to reach, or be reached anytime by my parents, my DCP, DDs school, doctors, DH on his way home, etc.  

momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:15 PM
I agree!
SerpentsKiss
by Erica on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:16 PM

I agree. I have a cheap, basic phone. Since I don't have a landline, it is the only way I can make calls that need to be made.

Hoppers33
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:20 PM
I could probably do without one if I absolutely had to and I had a landline, but it would be really hard. I'm not even sure what I would do if the car broke down or the kids had an accident at school and I wasn't home. Most pay phones don't even work anymore.
Sissi30
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel naked without mine
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:23 PM
How are smartphones cheaper than landlines? I have both so I'm curious as to why you say that. Other than that I agree.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:23 PM
I agree.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:24 PM
I believe that stripped down basic phones that you can make calls on only are needed. Smartphones, texting and the interwebs is not needed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)