Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fireworks on a Sunday?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies
How would you feel if you had just laid the baby down, cuddled up to your SO (who is asleep because they have to be up super early), only to jump back up because someone is setting off fireworks? On a Sunday. At 940 pm. A week before the 4th.

They just did that here, and I'm severely peeved. I live in a trailer. Normal noises are loud as it is. Set off fireworks directly overhead and the windows rattle. Apparently it was a church's freedom celebration. Which I totally get. But the only people who seemed to know about it are the people who go to their church or follow them on Facebook. I feel a little heads up would have been nice.

I will note that, yes if the 4th fell on a Sunday, I'd expect it, but not a week before when people have to work the next day and aren't expecting it.

Baby managed to sleep through it. SO is now awake, and sleep does not appear to be in his near future. No point to this other than to rant...as I feel it'd be shitty to rant to the church itself.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mlg1989
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:36 PM
There were big ones going off up the road a couple hours ago.
I was like wtf, the 4th is next weekend?
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:37 PM
I expect it between a week before the 4th to a week after. You'll be fine.
CABZS
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't care. It isnt that late and their life doesnt revolve around my child's sleep schedule.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:39 PM
That's what I said. Lol. I've never got the whole partying early thing. Get in the spirit sure, but you don't drink all week to prepare for new years, etc.

Quoting mlg1989: There were big ones going off up the road a couple hours ago.
the_dude
by abides on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
It stopped at 1059pm here it is now 1140.

I was peeved. But not a whole lot I can do... yes the ordinance says 8 on sunday... which is why it only went on for about 10 mins til folks got pissed and the police chief went down in his pjs to shut a redneck up...
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:40 PM

My DH would be pissed, as he gets up at 4:45 am for work on Monday.

DameDeLaMer
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:40 PM
We had a few set off here. It was the final night of riverfest and Josh Thompson had just got done playing.
fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:40 PM
I just came from some this evening. They were for a local fair/fundraising event.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2onebeauty
by *Lin* on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:41 PM
I have been hearing them for weeks. We live around so many reservations so they are non stop. It can get annoying especially late at night. It's never going to end 😬
mlg1989
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol! Well that's not quite the same but I get what you mean.
You would think it would be all next weekend instead od this one

Quoting Anonymous: That's what I said. Lol. I've never got the whole partying early thing. Get in the spirit sure, but you don't drink all week to prepare for new years, etc.

Quoting mlg1989: There were big ones going off up the road a couple hours ago.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)