Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

umm no i do not want to socialize with themm

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
We are going to my dh nephews house next weekend for the 4th.

My dh has been on his game all weekend ( jokingly) I told him yea babe o wouldn't doubt you pack your xbox up and take it next weekend. ( jokingly) he said oh yes I am sure nephew would want to play some of my games umm I might take it. He said while we play you can talk and drink with nephew girlfriend abd nephew mom.

I was like no. You sister is two face ans I don't trust her as far as I can throw her and his girlfriend well she a little nutty.
of course I will talk to them but not have long conversation with them. I might bullshit but nothing any further. To be honest I don't even want to bullshit with his sister.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Then don't.  No point making yourself miserable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:58 PM
We'll have fun but I am mainly going for the kids. Dh brother will be there as well and the kids haven't saw his dd in 3 years and ds and bil dd used to be real close they were born on the same day a couple of hours apart.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then don't.  No point making yourself miserable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2014 at 12:04 AM
Bump
R00k
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 12:07 AM
I have no idea how you are planning on avoiding that. But if you figure out a kickass way to do so that actually works without making you look like a giant douchebag, be sure to let me know. I could use some tips on avoiding some bitches while visiting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2014 at 12:08 AM
Dh sisters knows I am not to fond of her. And well I'll do small talk but that's about it.

Quoting R00k: I have no idea how you are planning on avoiding that. But if you figure out a kickass way to do so that actually works without making you look like a giant douchebag, be sure to let me know. I could use some tips on avoiding some bitches while visiting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 30, 2014 at 12:09 AM

I'd tell him not to bring the X Box at all. EVERYONE should be hanging out at the BBQ, not just the women while the men play video games.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2014 at 12:10 AM
He won't we were joking.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd tell him not to bring the X Box at all. EVERYONE should be hanging out at the BBQ, not just the women while the men play video games.

R00k
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 12:13 AM
Don't you hate the people who think the men should socialize on the porch or in the living room and the women should socialize in the kitchen?

I've come across them. They exist. And they are pains in the ass.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 30, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Mu sil and bil are like that. Dh and his brother and all the men are outside all the women in the kitchen well except me because sil and I don't really get along I always feel like an outcast there because talks to me when I do go in the kitchen. So I've stop going all together.

Quoting R00k: Don't you hate the people who think the men should socialize on the porch or in the living room and the women should socialize in the kitchen?

Quoting Anonymous:

R00k
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 12:23 AM
It is pretty terrible when you don't know, or don't get along with, the women.
The last time this happened it was with a couple. DH knew the dude from his work, I had never met the woman. As soon as we arrive the dude takes DH out to the porch and directed me to the living room to sit and chat with his wife.
It was awkward, and I was done about three minutes into the conversation because there just wasn't anything to her. She was all about shopping and her job, and there was nothing else. And I couldn't turn the conversation to anyone else, because they weren't there, and I couldn't say, "Well, we should really be going." Because again, DH wasn't there.
So I just sat in my misery. Lol

See? I need some tips!

Quoting Anonymous: Mu sil and bil are like that. Dh and his brother and all the men are outside all the women in the kitchen well except me because sil and I don't really get along I always feel like an outcast there because talks to me when I do go in the kitchen. So I've stop going all together.

Quoting R00k: Don't you hate the people who think the men should socialize on the porch or in the living room and the women should socialize in the kitchen?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)