Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Disrespectful??? all you judgy moms get ur a** in here!!!

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 3:16 PM
  • 124 Replies
1 mom liked this

so my mother in law is a little old fashion, so she believes that if an adult needs to sit down that she makes the kids give up their spot, so that a adult can sit down and makes them sit on the floor, i think its ridiculous, now i understand if someone has a problem and can't stand for long or its an elderly person, yeah they reallly need to sit down, but the other day we were at a house party and all the seats were taken, so she made her 19 year old daughter move out of her spot so she could sit down, to me that's showing dominance, hell even other adults were sitting on the floor, why couldn't she? as i said, to make a child give up their spot so an adult , (who is perfectly capable of sitting on the floor) can sit down, to me that says to the child "im superior to you and i am more important than you" like its them declaring their dominance over them.  what do you think?

by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2014 at 3:18 PM
18 moms liked this
I think it shows respect. I am 26 and will still offer my seat to any other adult. It's how I was taught.
Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 3:18 PM
3 moms liked this
Yes, I will teach my son to give up his seat for an older adult. It's called being polite. If it were him, he won't need to be asked.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2014 at 3:19 PM
6 moms liked this
I was always taught to do the same as a child and it comes automatically to me now...sorry. Its always been a sign of respect to me...my kids are 5 & 6 and I will do the same...its respect for your elders in my opinion.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 30, 2014 at 3:20 PM
7 moms liked this

I will offer my seat to children, elderly, disabled or pregnant women BUT everyone else should have moved their asses faster, lol

cinnamonkiti
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

<shrug> That is how I was raised.  That's how we are in my house too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2014 at 3:20 PM
3 moms liked this
It's about respect. I wouldn't even have to ask. They would say "Here, Mama, take my seat." And, they're grown themselves.
Melbornj
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I think on the other end the daughter should have moved without being asked our of respect. I follow get so and would make my child get out of their seat for any older adult.
pinktardis
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 3:21 PM
I would sit on the floor with my daughter to free up more seats, but I wouldn't make her give me her seat.
Arwyn724
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 3:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Anyone older than me will get my seat, its called respect for my elders.  I'm 56, and have done this all my life.  And my kids do the same, without prompting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2014 at 3:21 PM
5 moms liked this
I have taught mine to give up their seat. It is out of respect and courtesy for your elders. Which is something a lot of people these days do not have enough of.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)