Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Other parent's misbehaving children... do you speak up or keep quiet?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Do you speak up or keep to yourself when someone else's child acts inappropriately?

Options:

Speak up

Keep to self

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 53

View Results

If you happen to be outside and other kids in the neighborhood are saying inappropriate things or using inappropriate language, do you speak up to those kids and tell them they are being inappropriate or do you just leave them alone?? What about if their parents are present? Are not present?

I personally will speak up to them, especially if my young daughter is outside with me. I can't stand it. There was a middle school boy who told some little girl to suck his **** right in front of my neighbors little boy and I went off.

In another instance, a little boy was making fun of an older lady and I flat out told him to stop being disrespectful and that if he wanted to say something about her to go say it to her face. Needless to say, he doesn't act like that around me anymore. lol.

I know these kids aren't my children, but they obviously don't have very good role models or anyone to tell them they are being inappropriate.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 30, 2014 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 9:36 PM

In my home I say something.  In public I do not.  We don't have neighbors so I don't have issues such as yours. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 30, 2014 at 9:36 PM
If they are not in my care, i have no business saying anything to them.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 30, 2014 at 9:38 PM
I'd MMOB, unless it was said in my house or yard.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 30, 2014 at 9:38 PM
2 moms liked this

I speak up especially if i know the child(ren).  I expect that their parents would correct my dd's behavior if she acted badly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 30, 2014 at 9:38 PM
2 moms liked this

As a teacher, it is hard for me to ignore poor behavior.  I often don't have to say anyting, I just use the "look".  If the look doesn't work I will say something.

Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Jun. 30, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Unless they're somehow standing in my way, I call it none of my business and move on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 30, 2014 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I only speak up if they pose a danger to themselves or others. Language is really not my problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 30, 2014 at 9:56 PM

If it doens't happen in my home/on my property, or if the child isn't in my care, then I mind my own damn business.  It isn't my job to raise stranger's children.

Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I'll speak up. Especially if there are much younger children hearing older kids using innaproproiate language.
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:03 PM
In my neighborhood I speak up as I make it a point to know all the kids who play with my kids parents. If a kid who I don't know says something inappropriate then I ask them to go home as it would be either in my yard or the street in front if I hear it. If my child comes home from a other neighbors and says I heard so and so then they aren't allowed over until I talk to the parents.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)