Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

crossfit? anyone try? will it kill me or should I wait to try until i lose more weight?

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 9:57 AM
  • 31 Replies
My work out buddy invited me to her cross fit class.
I told her I wasn't sure I was ready.
by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
housecoatloonie
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it would hurt you to go and try it out. They aren't going to push you to the point you hurt yourself, but it IS intense.

A lot of rep.

My cousin who is 46 does it four times a week and she is FIT. She is a gun-carrying member of our state government.

Another very good friend does it a few times a week and she is a blocker and pivot for our state capital's roller derby team.  She is 43. So, with doing crossfit, she also skates almost every day and travels to places like California and Brazil to race with those teams and train.

My cousin said the guys there are GREAT eye-candy, though :)

A pic my cousin took a day ago. 

This is an example of her routine for a day:

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Crossfit is really a very personal thing. I know people who LOVE crossfit, but I personally find it to be just awful. I have also read articles about how, medically speaking, crossfit is unhealthy and dangerous. But at the same time, Marathons could be called unhealthy and dangerous, and some people love them. So Like I said, very to each there own kind of thing. 

KenneMaw
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 10:01 AM

it is tough, but if you have been active, it may be a nice change for you.  it is defnitely addictive and the results are crazy!!

Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Jul. 1, 2014 at 10:02 AM
What made if awful for you?

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Crossfit is really a very personal thing. I know people who LOVE crossfit, but I personally find it to be just awful. I have also read articles about how, medically speaking, crossfit is unhealthy and dangerous. But at the same time, Marathons could be called unhealthy and dangerous, and some people love them. So Like I said, very to each there own kind of thing. 

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Crossfit "can" be very good, but like any "trend" there are unqualified people teaching it.  Some are good, and understand body composition, muscle strength, and so on - and some just want to be bully instructors.  Find out about the instructors training - if it was nothing more than a weekend seminar - skip it.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jul. 1, 2014 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
My brother is really into Crossfit, his FB is Crossfit this, Crossfit that, every time I turn around it more Crossfit, lol.

He's really in shape, I think it's really intense. But, it couldn't hurt to try. Give it a try and see how it goes.
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 10:04 AM

The "Let's jump rope! Okay now let's pick this up and put it down! Now let's jump on this box! Now jump rope again!" It annoyed me. I felt like the workout had ADD.

Quoting Bubbie0809: What made if awful for you?
Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

mantyangel
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 10:05 AM

I love crossfit!  Give it a try.  Make sure that they are teaching you proper form and give you options to make the exercies fit your ability.  The one I attend if very good about this.  I'm addicted now and have never lifted weights before in my life.

Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Jul. 1, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Lol. I can see how that would be annoying

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

The "Let's jump rope! Okay now let's pick this up and put it down! Now let's jump on this box! Now jump rope again!" It annoyed me. I felt like the workout had ADD.

Quoting Bubbie0809: What made if awful for you?

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2014 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

BTW, did I give you this link yet? This girl's routines kick ass. They are a great burn and a lot of fun.

https://www.facebook.com/Dancefitnesswithjessica?fref=ts

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN